saturday monday. clean and smooth

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Saturday March 21 2020

Razor : Gem Junior bar - Mfg 1907
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (6)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco
Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch hazel+ Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irrition + no weepers.= :a17: great shave!

SOTD, March 21 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD, Saturday March 21 2020

Razor : Gem Junior bar - Mfg 1907
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (6)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco
Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch hazel+ Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irrition + no weepers.= :a17: great shave!

SOTD, March 21 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
Did you get a new phone or is this a picture from a previous shave?

Ron R

Did you get a new phone or is this a picture from a previous shave?
I bought a new phone from our provider(Telus) I lost some great comedy albums and personal information. Take care of your phone so you do not go through misery like I have . Remember 95% of folks are reasonable but there are sick people who prey on others in all community's. Hospitals at the moment can not give security like we are use to.

@Ron R I know what you mean.
I had a car get stolen out of a church parking lot on a Wednesday night. Sunday service had parking lot attendants but there were a lot less people on Wednesdays so there weren't enough people to watch the parking lot.
I found out car thieves actually like church parking lot because many times the service hours are posted so they know what time people are going in and coming back out.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Hello Friends, it's time for the weekly call to arms for a GEM-o-licious Shave!!! Yes, it's true -- Micromatic Monday doth Approach!!! So I've been thinking about which GEM, Ever-Ready, Star or Treet razor I shall put into play, and I'm thinking a British Ever-Ready....it seems like a Winston Churchill approach of "Keep Calm and Shave on" or is it "Keep Calm and Shave off".....is not a terrible idea these days.

Ahhh, before I can hit "post reply", I see an eager soldier has already committed to go "once more unto the breach"! Wow, Churchill and Shakespeare....I am definitely going to use a Made in England Ever-Ready tomorrow.

How about y'all? (another lesser known Churchill quote). Will you join Mr. @camoloc and myself, and if so, what razor will it be?

Last edited:
Hello Friends, it's time for the weekly call to arms for a GEM-o-licious Shave!!! Yes, it's true -- Micromatic Monday doth Approach!!! So I've been thinking about which GEM, Ever-Ready, Star or Treet razor I shall put into play, and I'm thinking a British Ever-Ready....it seems like a Winston Churchill approach of "Keep Calm and Shave on" or is it "Keep Calm and Shave off".....

Ahhh, before I can hit "post reply", I see an eager soldier has already committed to go "once more unto the breach"! Wow, Churchill and Shakespeare....I am definitely going to use a Made in England Ever-Ready tomorrow.

How about y'all? (another lesser known Churchill quote). Will you join Mr. @camoloc and myself, and if so, what razor will it be?

apologies for jumping the gun and running to the front lines!!!!!

I'm excited about the gbar. the specimen I received is virtually spotless........and looks like it rolled off the line just last week!!!!!

paring up with the ghost town.

camo

Flintstone65

apologies for jumping the gun and running to the front lines!!!!!

I'm excited about the gbar. the specimen I received is virtually spotless........and looks like it rolled off the line just last week!!!!!

paring up with the ghost town.

camo
No apology necessary....absolutely great choice with the G-Bar, and you really did get one that looks like virtually NOS! I'm curious to see how you like it in comparison to some of your other GEMs.

I'm sure I'll love it. bumps on the bar feel like the ones in the bullet tip. like the weight of it.

I love them all......hopeless GEM addict now I believe. the rabbit went headfirst down the hole carrying a whole sack of GEM's like santa claus. luckily did not get stuck.

camo

Ron R

@Ron R I know what you mean.
I had a car get stolen out of a church parking lot on a Wednesday night. Sunday service had parking lot attendants but there were a lot less people on Wednesdays so there weren't enough people to watch the parking lot.
I found out car thieves actually like church parking lot because many times the service hours are posted so they know what time people are going in and coming back out.
It is very accurate statement about thief's looking for opportunity and timing, I recall a person in our neighborhood that was around my age and always a daring thief. His parents invited neighbors over for the evening playing cards and some socializing and Steve went over and robbed them knowing they were having the evening with his parents. There was a lot of other insistence's with this young teenager but I will not elaborate. It is a sickness medically called kleptomaniac I believe.

Hello Friends, it's time for the weekly call to arms for a GEM-o-licious Shave!!! Yes, it's true -- Micromatic Monday doth Approach!!! So I've been thinking about which GEM, Ever-Ready, Star or Treet razor I shall put into play, and I'm thinking a British Ever-Ready....it seems like a Winston Churchill approach of "Keep Calm and Shave on" or is it "Keep Calm and Shave off".....is not a terrible idea these days.

I'll be there. Not sure which razor/razors will be beckoning.

Out of curiosity does anyone have a Treet razor. I believe I've seen one posted on B&B but it's been a bit of times since I've seen one.

It is very accurate statement about thief's looking for opportunity and timing, I recall a person in our neighborhood that was around my age and always a daring thief. His parents invited neighbors over for the evening playing cards and some socializing and Steve went over and robbed them knowing they were having the evening with his parents. There was a lot of other insistence's with this young teenager but I will not elaborate. It is a sickness medically called kleptomaniac I believe.

Wow what did his parents do when they found out he was robbing there friends.

I'll be there. Not sure which razor/razors will be beckoning.

Out of curiosity does anyone have a Treet razor. I believe I've seen one posted on B&B but it's been a bit of times since I've seen one.

I saw a green baton handle Treet while out foraging in the wild. The amount of grunge and the price were both outrageous. That is the only Treet I have seen in real life. It is probably still sitting there, buried in a bowl of razors.

I am hauling out a very bright chrome chain-link handle Ever-Ready. “Made in England” on the back and “BRITISH MADE” on the blade bed. Proud of their industry back then, as Americans were too.

I can use my Vulfix boar, but I don’t have a British soap or cream in stock. Or an AS, for that matter.

Shakespeare, Churchill, and now reduced to Boris Johnson and Brexit. No surprise that having shave goods shipped over from the UK is looking more and more affordable.

Flintstone65

'55 GEM G Bar
GEM blade (1)
CF Ghost Town Barber
Yaqi 24mm violet/blue

View attachment 1077600

first spin around the block. mild yet efficient razor. I like it a lot....... yet right on the edge of too mild. will have to shave with a couple more times before I'd swear to it.

camo
Man, that one really is a beauty. So my (very minor) complaint with the G-Bar is the handle. Most people really like it, but there is something about the shape and tilt that just doesn't seem comfortable to me. It is not a bad shaver at all, but I feel like I get a slightly better shave from many of my other Gems, and that (I suspect) is probably due from my reaction to the handle. I need to dig it out again, but every time I've used it I just get a bit turned off by the handle. I'm hoping it'll be like a soap scent that I initially dislike, but then one day I discover it's a fragrance I can't get enough of. :laugh:

Man, that one really is a beauty. So my (very minor) complaint with the G-Bar is the handle. Most people really like it, but there is something about the shape and tilt that just doesn't seem comfortable to me. It is not a bad shaver at all, but I feel like I get a slightly better shave from many of my other Gems, and that (I suspect) is probably due from my reaction to the handle. I need to dig it out again, but every time I've used it I just get a bit turned off by the handle. I'm hoping it'll be like a soap scent that I initially dislike, but then one day I discover it's a fragrance I can't get enough of. :laugh:

actually like the handle.....molded knurling......and the hook at the end of the handle.

I did compare angles to some others. it is different.....but like it.

overall i prefer the older 1912 frames.

camo

Ron R

I will be in for GEMonday, I might join you with my Gbar also @Comoloc, they are a nice razor to look at. I think they might have but a extra coating of chrome on those razors because most look like new after years of service.
Wow what did his parents do when they found out he was robbing there friends.
Oh, I think he could not sit down comfortably for a few days!

Top Bottom