What's new

Micromatic Monday

When life gives you lemons, shave citrus style.

brass Gem 1912
Gem PTFE (9)
RazoRock Orange Sunrise triple milled, face+bowl lather
Booster Iced Lime (boosted with 2g of menthol crystals)

View attachment 1075159
A nice smooth shave after a couple basic shaves on the road. Shorter is better for me in the handle department. This one is 60mm aka 2 3/8”, same as the Shovelhead handle I checked.

Speaking of the Handle Department, I imagine the guys at ASR making up handle finish variants on the fly, then sending boxes of randomly mixed handles to Final Assembly. No two razors alike, it was all that Final Assembly could do to match the finish between handle and head.

the razor that started the GEM obsession with me!!!!

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that factory to hear some of the conversations about that!!! damn.....what did Bob send us today? what handle is this?

camo

Today started off differently than I planned, but I did manage to get a very nice shave tonight. 3 passes and I am VERY smooth. It's been too long since I've used the Damaskeene (closed comb)....nice efficiency delivered in comfort.

Gem Damaskeene (closed comb) with a brand new Treet carbon blade | Maggard Razor's Lilac | Yaqi 24mm Mew Brown knot | Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel

proxy.php

Very nice setup and picture. I believe you use your OC Damaskeene more often.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Very nice setup and picture. I believe you use your OC Damaskeene more often.
Thanks and you are quite right, I have favored the OC since acquiring it. Collecting so many razors -- and enjoy 99.9% of them -- really is a double-edged sword for me: I love the diversity of designs and varied shaving "personalities" of each, but I'm finding it hard to come up with a decent rotation to incorporate all of them.

Thanks and you are quite right, I have favored the OC since acquiring it. Collecting so many razors -- and enjoy 99.9% of them -- really is a double-edged sword for me: I love the diversity of designs and varied shaving "personalities" of each, but I'm finding it hard to come up with a decent rotation to incorporate all of them.

You need to make a FIFO rack for your razors.

dreadful problem to face......let me help you with that friend!!!!

lol

camo

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Wednesday Mar 18th 2020

Razor : Gem clog pruf (Peerless variant)- Mfg 1945 - 17 nibs safety bar. (excellent razor)
Blade : Gem SS PTFE (4)
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore "Firenze" - great soap in every way
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf 24mm synthetic
Preshave : brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a Dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Avon "True gent" aftershave with witch hazel + Avon "true gent" balm- now that is a nice scent.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no weepers + no irritation = :a17: excellent shave this morning!

( no photo's today after my phone was stolen while recuperating after surgery from my room.)

Have some great shaves!

Razor : Gem clog pruf (Peerless variant)- Mfg 1945 - 17 nibs safety bar. (excellent razor)
Preshave : brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a Dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Avon "True gent" aftershave with witch hazel + Avon "true gent" balm- now that is a nice scent.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no weepers + no irritation = :a17: excellent shave this morning!

( no photo's today after my phone was stolen while recuperating after surgery from my room.)

Have some great shaves!

Unbelievable yet at the same time I'm somehow not that surprised. Sad we can't even trust the people who are supposed to be taking care of us.
Hope you recover quickly.

Ron R

Unbelievable yet at the same time I'm somehow not that surprised. Sad we can't even trust the people who are supposed to be taking care of us.
Hope you recover quickly.
They have a stalker who shows up on weekends and lifts what ever he can get his hands on, after he was recognized by staff he fled down the stair well to the next floor while security more than likely was taking the elevator. I'm out of the hospital since Monday(3 day ordeal) have been changing all my passwords and sending information to the RCMP who wanted serial #'s.
Hope they catch him and throw the low life in jail, he has been taking advantage of patients on the pediatric floor also.(a real low life)
All said and done have been recuperating fairly good considering & glade to be home. Also ordered a new phone that will be here in a few days.

They have a stalker who shows up on weekends and lifts what ever he can get his hands on, after he was recognized by staff he fled down the stair well to the next floor while security more than likely was taking the elevator. I'm out of the hospital since Monday(3 day ordeal) have been changing all my passwords and sending information to the RCMP who wanted serial #'s.
Hope they catch him and throw the low life in jail, he has been taking advantage of patients on the pediatric floor also.(a real low life)
All said and done have been recuperating fairly good considering & glade to be home. Also ordered a new phone that will be here in a few days.

Glad you are home and recuperating.

Still not good but at least it wasn't hospital staff.

may you recover well.

the stalker............may karma repay him with a vengeance.

it always comes back around.....that I'm certain of.

camo

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems

Have some great shaves!
I hope recovery is going smoothly.

Ron R

may you recover well.

the stalker............may karma repay him with a vengeance.

it always comes back around.....that I'm certain of.

camo
As the old saying goes "What comes around goes around in time" meaning he will get his justice in the future. I really believe in this thought over the years working and dealing with folks. People who have authority sometimes are just as mean with intent to harm others. Enough of that, have a great day!

Ron R

SOTD, March 19th 2020.

Razor: Gem 1912 - Mfg 1921
Blade : Gem SS PTFE (5)
Soap: Razorock Lavender
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm "Sagrada Familia"
Preshave: brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap.
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 blemish weepers= :a17: great close shave.

Have some great shaves!

Ever-Ready Thursday

Shovelhead/Gem PTFE throwdown v Karve/Rapira

The Gem was shave 10, the Swedish Supersteel Rapira (rougher than my beloved Platinum Lux) was on shave 3. I backed off the Karve from the OC D plate to the C.

B470531A-61B7-45C7-815E-7074DA056C21.jpeg

Soap - a Cella/Ogallala Bay Rum mix that face-lathered to a serendipitous slick, dense cushion.

Bottom line - while the Karve/Rapira shave was much more comfortable dialed down from “D” to “C”, the Gem on the 10th shave gave the closer, easier shave. Yay Gem, yay Shovelhead. :clap::clap:

8592F83C-A1D8-4C9C-90D9-4D5BBB6D25AA.jpeg

Ski resorts are on corona hiatus, so I’m heading over to play some tennis.

Top Bottom