What's new

Micromatic Monday

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've returned from the Space Mission to the moon, using a Techmatic for a week (see Moon Mission Techmatic Tribute! ). Since it has a single band, and the definition of Micromatic Monday has, shall we say, broadened, maybe I was in after all ..

But for Micromatics I'm going to open one of these & use an Open Comb ..

IMG_9354.JPG

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've returned from the Space Mission to the moon, using a Techmatic for a week (see Moon Mission Techmatic Tribute! ). Since it has a single band, and the definition of Micromatic Monday has, shall we say, broadened, maybe I was in after all ..

But for Micromatics I'm going to open one of these & use an Open Comb ..

View attachment 1003169
Gorgeous razors!!! Looking forward to seeing which one you choose on Monday!

We all have edges that we come to demand based on our hair type and facial areas shaved. I realize that no two men are the same. When it comes to using a SR, the edge goal is that of a GEM MMOC/BMMOC with a PTFE blade.

This morning the plan was three passes. I accomplished in two. First pass with the grain a 1920-1926 German made Salamander "Our Wedge" followed by ATG BMMOC on a twice used PTFE.

The Palmolive tube soap didn't make it into the photo....
BMMOC.jpg

If any of my GEM friends decide to get into using a SR and are considering the honing and stropping too much trouble, give me a PM.

This razor was honed with a film, stone, and diamond paste progression.

Hot face wash with Williams
Brass bumpless MMOC
Gem PTFE
Zenith boar/Williams face lather pass 1, palm lather pass 2
Texas 10X Face Freezer AS
Fast wake-up DFS, nearly BBS. Next shave Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well it was a GEMonday morning shave for myself, had such a great shave with my GEM Damaskeene OC yesterday why not just try to duplicate it again. It was another great shave and the Damaskeene came through like usual for my tailored type of shave with Nivea products!
Razor : Gem Damaskeene OC MFG 1912-15
Blade : GEM Personna SS PTFE (7)
Soap : Nivea Sensitive skin cream
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Pre-shave: Wet the face + Aloe Vera gel
Post shave : Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave : Nivea refreshing Aftershave + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BbS=:a17::001_rolle
GEMonday July 29-2019 (2).jpg

Nivea morning also!
Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

Whoa -- awesome start to Micromatic Monday / GEMonday!!!!! I had a late night and just got up, and after looking at this thread I am reminded of the old US Army slogan: "We do more before 9am than most people do all day". Well done, gents -- these are some excellent shaves!!!

I will be joining soon, but my first cup of coffee really needs to hit its mark before I can pick up my razors.

Got the MMBT out again for this morning's shave, with Proraso green cream and aftershave. Went all right, got my usual smooth shave with no irritation or cuts. Needed an extra pass today though. I moved the blade to my rarely-used MMCP for the next time I decide to have a Gem shave, I'll see if I can get another another use out of the blade before I toss it.

Flintstone65

Got the MMBT out again for this morning's shave, with Proraso green cream and aftershave. Went all right, got my usual smooth shave with no irritation or cuts. Needed an extra pass today though. I moved the blade to my rarely-used MMCP for the next time I decide to have a Gem shave, I'll see if I can get another another use out of the blade before I toss it.
If I may, do you recall how many shaves you have on the blade? I'm always curious about everyone else does with blade longevity.

Flintstone65

Today was the fourth, if I remember correctly. I don't do well with longevity on blades in general.
Thanks -- I only get about 5 shaves from my Carbon Treet blades, but each one is really smooth. I usually get about 10 shaves of a Gem SS PTFE blade. But I'll confess that lately I've just found that keeping track of the number of shaves on a blade is kind of a hassle, so while I still try measuring them, I'm pretty half-hearted about it. I just use them until I get two mediocre shaves in a row and then pitch them.

Top Bottom