What's new

Micromatic Monday

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Today's Gem Saturday shave.

Hot shower pre.
Pre Lather with small amount of soap rubbed in with fingers.
Cyril and Salter wild rose on two band badger.
Gem 1912 for cheeks and back of neck with 5th flip Gem SS ptfe used in all three razors.
One side of neck WTG 1900 Kampfe Bros Star
Other side of neck WTG Gem Jr. Bar
Used the Gem Jr. Bar and Star for ATG passes on alternate sides of the neck.
Whitchazle and Tolsom aftershave splash.
Cool water rinse.

All three razors performed excellent. The 1912 did very well on my cheeks and my wife used it to get the back of my neck.
The Star and Jr. Bar where both used "riding the cap" with an extra light touch even tickling my neck frequently. And delivered a very smooth comfortable shave. The Jr. Bar felt ever so slightly smoother and the Star was ever so slightly more efficient, especially ATG.

View attachment 992984
Now THAT is a GEM shave....beautiful!!!

Flintstone65

Thank you sir. Did you notice there is a 6 year spread between each razor. I didn't even realize it till after the shave 1900, 1906 and 1912.
Ha, that's GREAT!!! I totally missed that, but I'm really into those type of numerology coincidences!!! :clap:

Flintstone65

Okay, it's getting close -- as in soon there will only be one day separating us from Micromatic Monday!!! It's about now that I ask the all important question: who's up for a GEM/Micromatic shave on Monday?

I'm thinking of making it a daily double -- and I have two razors in mind -- but lately I've been changing my mind at the last minute. At least 1 will be a GEM (that's a given), but razor number 2 keeps alternating....maybe I should add a 3rd and triple my pleasure, triple my fun!!!

How about you....which GEM are you considering? Will it be a Micromatic Monday with arguably the smoothest TTO on the planet....or perhaps it will be a GEMonday? Come on in, the options are endless and the shaves are superb!!!

Although I might not manage to shave on Monday, I think you've inspired me to go with my MMOC for my next shave. Maybe I'll do a double with one of my DEs since I'm trying to use them more. I always find myself reaching for my SEs or straights since I'm such a LOSER.

Well, it’s a Daily Double for me also. I’ll use a GEM with a straight. It’s been hard to deviate from the BMMOC lately.

I picked up another BMMOC this morning for .99 cents that’s paired with a antique shave cup. Of course, shipping is $7. Not too bad. :a14:

Flintstone65

Well, it’s a Daily Double for me also. I’ll use a GEM with a straight. It’s been hard to deviate from the BMMOC lately.

I picked up another BMMOC this morning for .99 cents that’s paired with a antique shave cup. Of course, shipping is $7. Not too bad. :a14:
Not bad at all!!!! Well done, sir....well done!!! Looking forward to seeing it!!

Flintstone65

Although I might not manage to shave on Monday, I think you've inspired me to go with my MMOC for my next shave. Maybe I'll do a double with one of my DEs since I'm trying to use them more. I always find myself reaching for my SEs or straights since I'm such a LOSER.
We're all about the inspiration here!!! The daily double is pretty much the only way my DE's get used these days....I too am more like to reach for an SE than a DE.

Flintstone65

It's official -- Micromatic Monday is RIGHT around the corner. I've made my choice.....it's going to be a GEMonday with a Featherweight....and my GEM is bringing a date: the Schick H1 (aka the "Hussy"). My Featherweight is a little rough looking (some gold-wash has "washed" off), but the Hussy is a looker! Both are excellent shavers and I am looking forward to Monday.

IMG_1861.jpg

For those who haven't weighed-in yet -- what are you bringing to the Micromatic Monday / GEMonday party?

It's official -- Micromatic Monday is RIGHT around the corner. I've made my choice.....it's going to be a GEMonday with a Featherweight....and my GEM is bringing a date: the Schick H1 (aka the "Hussy"). My Featherweight is a little rough looking (some gold-wash has "washed" off), but the Hussy is a looker! Both are excellent shavers and I am looking forward to Monday.

View attachment 993322

For those who haven't weighed-in yet -- what are you bringing to the Micromatic Monday / GEMonday party?
Never seen a razor like that Schick before, very interesting. Must be unusual to shave with huh?

full

I bloody love this razor, it's fantastic and no comments about the Arko, yourey all wrong it smells lovely. Talking of smells, here's the rest:

full

Flintstone65

Never seen a razor like that Schick before, very interesting. Must be unusual to shave with huh?
You know, I thought it would be too; but it's less unnatural/unusual feeling to shave with than it looks. I think it's because of the Schick's angle....since you hold it almost flat against your face, it's almost like shaving with an old Remington electric razor (shape-wise)....of course I get a MUCH better shave than I ever did with my old Remington. Speaking of shaves, mine will be coming up before long.

Flintstone65

full

I bloody love this razor, it's fantastic and no comments about the Arko, yourey all wrong it smells lovely. Talking of smells, here's the rest:

full
Thanks for joining us!!! I REALLY like the combo of Arko and the Micromatic Open Comb....and Arko's scent has grown on me. It's not like Tabac for me, where I used it and fell in love with both the fragrance and performance; rather the scent wasn't initially my favorite, but the performance was just incredible. That said, I used Arko the other day and found myself thinking, "I like this fragrance"!

full

full

Arko stinks.....LOL!! Well, it doesn't to me. Hey happy you joined in. Very nice in all departments. :a14::a14::a14::a14:

Flintstone65

Here's my GEMonday: GEM Featherweight with GEM SS PTFE (6) and Schick Fashion Razor (Type H1, aka "the Hussy") with a Chick blade (lost track of shaves....maybe 4?), and Yaqi 24mm Moka Express Synth with Proraso Sensitive Skin shaving cream. I finished with some Krampert's Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum after shave.

2 passes with the Featherweight -- and I truly could've stopped and had a CCS-DFS-BBS -- but it was a Daily Double, and the Hussy was ready-to-go, so the next pass and slight touch-up went to the Schick. I ended up with a CCS-DFS-BBS shave with ZERO irritation, weepers or incidents. Those two will likely be my travel/daily razors for when I'm traveling for work. They work really well together.

In terms of age -- they are pretty comparable. The H1 is (1947 to 1953) although the H2 (aka "The Deb") came out in that period and I'm unsure if it supplanted or complemented the H1. My understanding is the H1 Fashion Razor was the "high-end" heavy (maybe brass) gold capped razor, and the Deb (which is a challenge to find....ask me how I know) had a plastic cap, but the cap could attach to the end of the razor and give you a longer handle (I think). The Featherweight looks like it went from 1950 to 1955, if I'm reading the chart correctly....and maybe it went all the way up to 1958 when the GEM Push Button was introduced.

IMG_1862.jpg

All these pairs, so I’m laying down an ASR three of a kind.
D67A7517-6D62-40FA-A9C0-B3BA3A335A22.jpeg

A brief chant in honor of the World Cup match today.
A-S-R!! A-S-R!!! A-S-R!!!!

Damaskeene, Shovelhead, MMOC. ALL ACES!

Gotta get shaving, its going to be a busy day, what with trying to find a Spanish-language broadcast of Jill Ellis’ troops steamrollering along. And that brisket isn’t going to smoke itself. Enjoy your MultipleASRMonday!

Flintstone65

OK, my Arko stick joins the queue. I’m not sure “fragrance” is the bon mot, but not liking Arko is like not liking barbershops. Heresy!
Bon mot?!? I love it!!! I've recently been spending some time conversing en français....it has reminded me just how poor my French has gotten. Apparently I need to work on my English as well. :lol1:

Nice poker reference, by the way....most definitely "trip Aces"!!!

Bon mot?!? I love it!!! I've recently been spending some time conversing en français....it has reminded me just how poor my French has gotten. Apparently I need to work on my English as well. :lol1:

Nice poker reference, by the way....most definitely "trip Aces"!!!

It was D-F-S!! D-F-S!!! With a tiny weeper where the Dammy left the field of play. Rushed it a bit, need to get smoke in the kettle.

Top Bottom