What's new

Micro / mini shave brushes?

Gentleman,

I'm currently in the process of building an ultralight / compact travel kit for vacations, kayak trips, camping, etc.

So far, I've acquired a Gillette Ball End Travel with the little leather zipper case, some empty sample containers similar to the ones Trumpers has, and a small rectangular mirror. The containers will hold more than likely some Proraso cream, and some ASB. (Maybe even pre/post) I figure I can get a weeks worth of shaves outta the little containers.

The last thing I need is a small knot, short loft brush specifically for this kit. I'd like it to stand no taller than 3 inches, with a compact handle. The thinner it is, the better. It doesn't need to be the best brush, but one that can be utilized quickly and easily to get decent shaves when I'm out and about in the woods or on the river.

Think the AoS $25 dollar starter kit brush, but better quality :) Surely I'm not the first of the bunch here to want to put together a shave kit that could fit in a back pocket :lol:

HALP :001_tt2:

Last edited:
This thread and the other about cheap thrills has pushed me to the edge once again....

Wee Scot coming soon.....along with some Old Bond Street samplers...somehow the mico brush plus small cream samplers seemed to go together for my travel kit plans.

If you want to travel light, leave the brush at home. You don't need one.

That's right ... packing along a shaving brush, even a teeny-tiny one, is superfluous.

You can lather up just fine with the palm of your hand. I started out this way with Proraso, and didn't even try a brush until about 3 months later, just to see what all the fuss was about. After a few days, I went back to applying cream(s) by hand when I'm in a hurry or away from home.

You can even lather up SOAP this way ... just take along a small sliver of soap, as much as you think you'll need for the duration of your trip. Get your face good and soaking wet, rub some soap directly on your beard, and then massage it in with your hand, applying more water as needed.

I did this yesterday with MWF. Worked great. Tried it today with L'Occitane Cade. Terrific results. Tomorrow, I'm trying it with Pre de Provence soap, and expecting similar results.

While I realize I could hand lather soap, I'd still much prefer a brush of some sort. I'm thinking of picking up a Wee Scot and a one of the Omega mini silvertips #599. See which one catches my fancy. Thanks to everyone who contributed again, you guys are great :thumbsup:

turnbacks are pretty small, and give you a great brush to use when on the road. Vintage tiny brushes come up on ebay every so often, that you could use, though I guess its a gamble on the state of the bristles. I picked up one, and its a great little brush that weighs nothing and works REALLY well

This thread and the other about cheap thrills has pushed me to the edge once again....

Wee Scot coming soon.....along with some Old Bond Street samplers...somehow the mico brush plus small cream samplers seemed to go together for my travel kit plans.

Glad I could be of some assistance :lol:

Now get yourself a micro safety razor or a travel straight :biggrin:

Oh yeah this place is brimming with such assistance:biggrin:

I have a Travel Tech that is just waiting for the Wee Scot...

I actually think I will travel with my fat-handled Tech though as the short handled travel Tech is a bit too tiny. Add the Wee, and a chunk of a shave stick and I am set.

I'm literally planning on building wallet size shave kit. :lol: I expect it to run about 4" x 3" and provide me with no less than a weeks worth of shaves. Probably be right at 1lb if not less.

+1 on the Wee Scott, but if you don't mind going 4", I travel with my Rooney 1/1. 4" includes the pill bottle I put it in for travel. Something else to think about.

The Wee Scot will dry quicker than a boar brush.Something else too consider when traveling

Last edited:
Top Bottom