What's new

Mickey Lee Soapworks pomade review

I started using pomade a few weeks ago after years of using gel. I have Layrite and Suavecito and enjoy both. I thought I've give another brand a shot and while looking at some shaving soap & AS samples I saw that MLS had a water-soluble pomade with their Pantie Dropper scent. Hey why not!

I liked the scent and the initial feel of the pomade but as soon as I started rubbing it between my hands I could tell it was very different. It had a tacky, waxy feel (which makes sense since the second ingredient is beeswax). It applied to my hair well but when I tried to wash my hands after, the product was not rinsing off easily. And when I ran my brush through my hair it was not going smoothly. I felt like I was going to end up with a brush covered in something.

After a few hours my hair was feeling very soft and looking great but it still had a bit of the waxy feel. The next day when I showered I needed to shampoo twice to feel like all of the product was removed. I will likely not use this again, which is too bad because it's a full tin with a fingertip scoop removed. As I mentioned, I liked the scent, so I am looking forward to trying the PD soap and AS.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I normally don't use a lot of hair products but when I do I must admit I prefer liquid hair products such as tonics. I find they wash out better and wash of the hands better.

I went through a tin of the MLS pomade (Kraken scent), and it didn't have enough hold for me. I bought it on a whim while chatting about it with the owner at a local store, but probably wouldn't have it I had read up on the hold level ahead of time (I tend to need stronger hold and this is definitely light-to-medium as described).

Top Bottom