What's new

Mick gets coffee lazy

SWMBO is a thrift store junkie. Sometimes I go along. When I do, I find, so I try not to go very often.

BUT.........

proxy.php

That's all we got here at work, so I have a pack of Tim Horton K-cups for when I get desperate. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not great. I will typically load up a Stanley Thermos at home though, so it's few and far between where I resort to the k-cup.

I picked up a couple Keurig branded "My K-Cup 2.0" refillable cups and have been using them just about every day.

The Bunn still makes a better tasting cup but the convenience sort of levels the playing field a bit since I drink my coffee with whole milk in it.

proxy.php

For I home I generally grind my own beans that I get from a local roaster, then use a Bonavita brewer. I have also had a Keurig for a couple years. My wife works some crazy hours sometimes. She doesn't want to brew a pot of coffee at 3AM so she likes the Keurig for making a quick cup. Its a heckuvalot better than instant!

Since we have the Keurig on hand I make a cup using my ground beans and the "My K-Cup" device when I only have time for a quick cup of joe before heading out. I think it works just great for that. I get to enjoy my favorite beans from my favorite roaster. I know lots of gents here sort of look down on Keruigs, I get it, but I'm a fan. Use you new-to-you Keurig in good health!

I know lots of gents here sort of look down on Keruigs, I get it, but I'm a fan. Use you new-to-you Keurig in good health!

It will not make it to the "coffee wall" but will server out its time in our vacation house along side a commercial CW15-PF Bunn brewer.

I'm here by myself so making a 12 cup pot is a bit TOO much brew for one person.

I doubt I will ever put a commercial k-cup through it as I still prefer my home roasted fresh coffee.

It will not make it to the "coffee wall" but will server out its time in our vacation house along side a commercial CW15-PF Bunn brewer.

I'm here by myself so making a 12 cup pot is a bit TOO much brew for one person.

I doubt I will ever put a commercial k-cup through it as I still prefer my home roasted fresh coffee.

Try as I might, I never seem to be able to make too much. :001_rolle

We used a Keurig for awhile but I never tasted a K-cup coffee that was any good. For a single cup coffee maker, I saw an ad for this Hamilton Beach "The Scoop" one night and I went out and bought it the next day. I love this unit. I use my own coffee and it's easy to clean. For making just one cup at a time IMO you can't beat this one.

DSC_0001.JPG

linty1

My wallet cries.
Thats a great find Mick, my wife giftd me a k200 last xmas, I use it here and there, its convienient, if you need some hot water its pretty quick to produce. Here is a place here that sells cups individually, so I went, oicked out a few and slowly work through those. the water reservoir is small on the k200 though... i keep having to remind myself that the 3 cups often quoted for coffee, is more like 1 mug
ful.

I am finding that the Keurig is spending more time sitting than brewing.

The commercial Bunn just makes so much better tasting coffee.

Oh well.

We have one at home, but I rarely use it. I prefer to have more than one cup in the morning, and it just becomes a nuisance to me.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
And you told me to throw mine in the garbage!

I haven't used mine in a couple months. Ever since I ran out of k-cups. I can't stomach paying $10-$13 per box. It was great at my last job cause I could find them on clearance for $2-$5 per box. But that's no longer an option and I'm not going to pay full price.

And you told me to throw mine in the garbage!

With a big smiley

I haven't used mine in a couple months. Ever since I ran out of k-cups. I can't stomach paying $10-$13 per box. It was great at my last job cause I could find them on clearance for $2-$5 per box. But that's no longer an option and I'm not going to pay full price.

Get a refillable cup and use fresh coffee.

They're not bad when you factor in the convenience if used with a refillable cup.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have 3 refillable cups and one that does the carafe. I find them less convenient than making a full pot with the auto drip. This way I don't have to empty the grounds in the trash and rinse the refillable cup each time.

The rinsing hassle was an issue for me too.

That combined with the less desirable taste made me decide to stick with the Bunn.

My curiosity has been satisfied.

I will still use it when I am here alone

Top Bottom