What's new

Method Shaving

I am interested in trying CARs method shaving, but before I do can anyone give me feedback on whether it is worth trying. Seems like there are allot of mixed reviews.

Thanks

Clark

Clark said:
I am interested in trying CARs method shaving, but before I do can anyone give me feedback on whether it is worth trying. Seems like there are allot of mixed reviews.

Thanks

Clark
Hi Clark,
There is an entire subforum here dealing with RMWS, attended by some of its better known practioners. That might be the place to gain some insight. As far as is it worth trying, that really is a personal issue. You'll have the chance to make that determination on sound information after reading some of the threads and corresponding with Adam Mendelson and some of the other method devotees.
Look Here.

In my opinionit's probably worth trying. I am a wet shaver with decades of experience. I tried it and found it was a great shortcut to learning what you would over that period of time. I also came out of it with new, valuable insights and some new things I've incorporated in my shaving.

Here's a link to a brief review I wrote after trying it for a while http://www.msnusers.com/theWetShaversgroup/Documents/Joe Lerch Files/mthd_sh.pdf.

Clark said:

Thanks

Clark

Clark,
The main thing to understand is that Method Shaving is slightly different than traditional wet shaving. I won't go into specifics but there is a truckload of information about it both here in this forum and on methodshaving.com. There are also scattered bits on some of the other shaving sites. Look it over, digest it, and if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Clark, I forgot to suggest that you look at the thread in this forum called "My Foray into Method Shaving." It's a detailed review with photos and everything. It should give you a pretty good idea of what's involved.

Top Bottom