What's new

Method Shaving Video?

Gents--

This post could go into the "Videos" forum or the "Method Shaving" forum, so instead I'm putting it here.:cool:

I've been discussing the possibility of doing a "webisode" (?) of my shaving video series on Method shaving with CAR, since he's so close by (90 minute drive). I figured it might be a "win-win" for all concerned to watch how a Method shave is done, dispell some of the myths, and describe some of the perceived benefits. CAR is actually quite interested in doing something with me. So here's your chance: what would you like to see in this "webisode?" What would you like described or demonstrated? I know Method shaving is a controversial topic, so lets keep it civil...'k?

--Mark

I am a method shaving sceptic, but I would REALLY like to see this. It would be fantastic to see the method actually demonstrated, without the long trip. Primarily, I would like to see 1) step by step how the lather is formed, using CAR products, with and without additional shaving cream (if CAR still supports using other creams in the mix), and 2) A step by step demonstration of the shaving itself, demonstrating what exactly each quadrant is, and what direction of shave is used for each pass on each quadrant. (Hoping this might clear up my confusion as to whether particular direction of grain is or is not relevant to method shaving).

This would be a great project.

moses said:
I am a method shaving sceptic, but I would REALLY like to see this. It would be fantastic to see the method actually demonstrated, without the long trip. Primarily, I would like to see 1) step by step how the lather is formed, using CAR products, with and without additional shaving cream (if CAR still supports using other creams in the mix), and 2) A step by step demonstration of the shaving itself, demonstrating what exactly each quadrant is, and what direction of shave is used for each pass on each quadrant. (Hoping this might clear up my confusion as to whether particular direction of grain is or is not relevant to method shaving).

This would be a great project.

Just as an FYI - Adam Mendelson has an excellent video of him methodshaving and there is a methodshaving video section in the B&B DVD.

Would be neat to see something done with CAR though. :smile:

I'd like to see some of the more "advanced" strokes that Adam and others have described for finishing and/or getting those difficult places like the jawline.

-Collin

Mark,
I'm about 20 minutes for CAR. If I could I would like to be there during the tapping of the video. I'm not a method shaver but I purchase some of my supplies from the store. I think it would be interesting to see this up close. If you need any help let me know.

Rafael

I don't have any interest in method shaving myself, but having read so much about it and about CAR, I'd be curious to see the video.:redface:

Top Bottom