What's new

Metal holster clip

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The clip that goes over your pants on my nylon holster broke. I really don't want to buy another holster. Does anyone know where to find those?

The clip that goes over your pants on my nylon holster broke. I really don't want to buy another holster. Does anyone know where to find those?

I’d have to see it. Most manufacturers sell clips. Whether they are the right size would be a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The nylon holster i use mainly going to work. It hooks on your pants and then you run your belt through the front of it to hold it snug. I like that one because I have to leave my gun in the car so I can just tighten up my belt and the holster squishes and I can leave it on.

Try here:

I like the Ulticlip XL. It clamps over your belt, and it will not let go. He has templates available to see if the mounting holes line up with your holster.

Don
I tried one of those, it's a great design if you don't have to reposition the holster. It really grips tight but I like to be able to slide my holster forward on the belt a bit when getting into my car and then back when on foot.

I tried one of those, it's a great design if you don't have to reposition the holster. It really grips tight but I like to be able to slide my holster forward on the belt a bit when getting into my car and then back when on foot.
Hmmm..... never had a problem sliding mine. All of my holsters have the Ulticlip XL.

Don

I may be thinking of a different one. The one I'm talking about has jaws that clamp down on the belt, no way you can slide it forward or back without releasing the clip.

I may be thinking of a different one. The one I'm talking about has jaws that clamp down on the belt, no way you can slide it forward or back without releasing the clip.

All Ulticlip models, EXCEPT for the XL one, are designed for beltless carry. They're meant to be clamped to clothing, not the belt. Anyway, the whole line is well designed and adaptable, allowing you to carry multitools, knives, lights, etc. I still consider Ulticlips to be one the most ingenious developments in the holster product field.

Don

All Ulticlip models, EXCEPT for the XL one, are designed for beltless carry. They're meant to be clamped to clothing, not the belt. Anyway, the whole line is well designed and adaptable, allowing you to carry multitools, knives, lights, etc. I still consider Ulticlips to be one the most ingenious developments in the holster product field.

Don
Got it. I have one of the XL model in my parts bin. They are a great product but didn't work for my carry style. Also have one of the other type that mounts to the slide with screws. Those were cool since you didn't need a holster if you didn't mind the pistol against your skin but they would eventually snap. I went back to the old style j-hook with a holster I made from kydex using a heat gun. The clip is offset and recessed along the trigger guard. I made one for my tiny Seecamp .380 shown below too. Very comfy IWB and great retention.
100_9469.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG

Top Bottom