What's new

metal case?

so, I was talking to my local antique store lady today, she mentioned seeing a razor at an estate sale, she thought about getting it for me, but didn't know if I'd pay $12. (well, depends - but she has my cell number now )
She said it was a Gillette, and it was a TTO (well, she didn't say TTO, she said "it's the kind you twist the bottom and it opens the doors), and appeared to be in good shape (okay, now "depends" changes to "probably")
She also said it came in case ("probably" goes to "more than likely"), and that the case was metal on the bottom, with a plastic lid (???)

anyone ever heard of such a critter? she knew it was metal, not just metallic plastic, because it had some rust spots.

if anyone (asylumguido, anyone?) has any tidbits of knowledge, please let me know, it may still be there

okay, my curiosity got the best of me...I found where the estate sale was, and proceeded to look at the razor - it was gone!
dangit!
oh well, would really have liked to seen it

My friends know my policy -- when in doubt, buy it. If I don't like it, I'll see what I can get for it on ebay or craigslist or just locally. :)

Tell yourself it was probably some sort of cruddy frankenrazor in a kids lunch box missing a lid and replaced with a plastic take-out lid.

Yep, that's what I would tell myself.

I really couldn't come up with a case to match your description.

I've seen tons of razors in the wrong boxes...that happens a lot on dBay, and I'm sure it happens all the time everywhere.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

Peace

Top Bottom