What's new

metal briefcases

I'm not a big fan of these and do prefer leather because there's less noise when you dump it on a table, bump it against something, etc. However, I'd imagine the metal one's would be more secure and this is the feature I would be looking for most were I to consider buying one.

I don't own a briefcase but with that said, I don't understand the appeal of a metal one. they look like they're for guards who are transporting precious metals/jewels.

I'm not a big fan of these and do prefer leather because there's less noise when you dump it on a table, bump it against something, etc. However, I'd imagine the metal one's would be more secure and this is the feature I would be looking for most were I to consider buying one.

I believe a lot of high-end leather hard briefcases (which seem to be called "attaché cases") are metal covered with leather. The cheaper ones are made of wood or fiber composites. So a nice one may give you the best of both worlds.

I too think a metal case looks too bank security for my taste. Though I've seen a few in carbon fibre that are interesting.

I believe a lot of high-end leather hard briefcases (which seem to be called "attaché cases") are metal covered with leather. The cheaper ones are made of wood or fiber composites. So a nice one may give you the best of both worlds.

I too think a metal case looks too bank security for my taste. Though I've seen a few in carbon fibre that are interesting.
Zero Haliburton!
proxy.php

I had one assigned to me to hold some electronics test gear (before Pelican took over that market). It scratched SO EASY and then it looked like cr@p.

I had one assigned to me to hold some electronics test gear (before Pelican took over that market). It scratched SO EASY and then it looked like cr@p.

Precisely why I will never own another. Scratches. And the fact they went out with parachute pants and break dancing. Leather is just classy.

My dad hated them. he'd get one everytime at a camera show and would then have to lug the damned thing home on the subway in the 1990s

Top Bottom