What's new

Met Leon at Pasteur Pharmacy,

It would be a place that I would love to visit if I was ever lucky enough to travel to the USA. Thanks for the review David.
Brooklyn also has artisan shaving and hair product stores. Pasteur makes me dizzy because of the selection and how narrow the aisle is.

This past week I had a wonderful trip to New York to visit one of my sons. While there I made, as my wife called it, my pilgrimage to Pasteur's on 34th. I had prepared myself for a few weeks what I wanted to look at. But what was truly great about this store is getting to touch & smell the products instead of merely basing a buying decision on word of mouth. Many of us have purchased items because of all the great reviews, then we get it & the scent isn't for us. I smelled more soap & aftershave that hour than I have probably smelled in my wet shaving life! LOL!

There was an entire long aisle in this 3 aisle store dedicated to wet shaving products. The other aisle carried what you would expect a pharmacy in a city to carry. And there is, indeed, a working pharmacy in the store. Name a brand & it's there. Not just one scent in a line, no sir, all of them. And the matching aftershave! So much product!!! At one point I was talking with my son about a certain item I was looking for & an employee came around the corner to show me where it was. This isn't what you expect in New York City, an employee coming to help when they weren't even asked.

I was like a kid in a candy store. No, I was like me as a kid in the toy department at Sears. I decided to get a SOC Mistura in butterscotch, an unbleached Omega, an Omega Mixed Midget, & a bottle of Proraso Red. Going to the back of the store to check out I met the sales clerk & Leon. Leon started a conversation with me & we talked for 10 minutes before I completed my purchase & headed out of the store. We talked about different products & brands. He knows his inventory, he doesn't just stock products to sell. As we talked he asked me if I was on any forums, & when I told him I was active on B & B, he knew it well. I finished paying for my items & we wished each other well. As my son & I stood outside to put my purchases in my backpack, Leon locked up the store & came outside & approached us & we talked another 5 - 10 minutes outside his store in the shadow of the Empire State building. I walked away glad I got some new things for my den, of course. But I was happy I went because I met a true gentleman that runs a business based on exceptional customer service.

Leon, it was a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to doing business with you in the future, both in-person & with your online store.

View attachment 1359159View attachment 1359160
This past week I had a wonderful trip to New York to visit one of my sons. While there I made, as my wife called it, my pilgrimage to Pasteur's on 34th. I had prepared myself for a few weeks what I wanted to look at. But what was truly great about this store is getting to touch & smell the products instead of merely basing a buying decision on word of mouth. Many of us have purchased items because of all the great reviews, then we get it & the scent isn't for us. I smelled more soap & aftershave that hour than I have probably smelled in my wet shaving life! LOL!

There was an entire long aisle in this 3 aisle store dedicated to wet shaving products. The other aisle carried what you would expect a pharmacy in a city to carry. And there is, indeed, a working pharmacy in the store. Name a brand & it's there. Not just one scent in a line, no sir, all of them. And the matching aftershave! So much product!!! At one point I was talking with my son about a certain item I was looking for & an employee came around the corner to show me where it was. This isn't what you expect in New York City, an employee coming to help when they weren't even asked.

I was like a kid in a candy store. No, I was like me as a kid in the toy department at Sears. I decided to get a SOC Mistura in butterscotch, an unbleached Omega, an Omega Mixed Midget, & a bottle of Proraso Red. Going to the back of the store to check out I met the sales clerk & Leon. Leon started a conversation with me & we talked for 10 minutes before I completed my purchase & headed out of the store. We talked about different products & brands. He knows his inventory, he doesn't just stock products to sell. As we talked he asked me if I was on any forums, & when I told him I was active on B & B, he knew it well. I finished paying for my items & we wished each other well. As my son & I stood outside to put my purchases in my backpack, Leon locked up the store & came outside & approached us & we talked another 5 - 10 minutes outside his store in the shadow of the Empire State building. I walked away glad I got some new things for my den, of course. But I was happy I went because I met a true gentleman that runs a business based on exceptional customer service.

Leon, it was a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to doing business with you in the future, both in-person & with your online store.

View attachment 1359159View attachment 1359160
People are very helpful in Manhattan!!!!

Top Bottom