$image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 119
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 120
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 121
Those are some beautiful knives. I have yet to purchase a Japanese kitchen knife.....maybe one day.

Here are a couple USA purchases, BBQ sauces not shown.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1439067428473.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1439067428473.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 97
Just got some Grill Grates for my Kamado Joe in the mail today. Went out and bought a 2 pound Porterhouse to break them in with.

Looking hard at the ThermaQ set with the insertion probe and the air probe. I think I have to sell off some shaving stuff first though to justify that $200 price tag. Looking forward to Thermapen's next free Time Stick offer. That might get me to pull the trigger.

Those are some beautiful knives. I have yet to purchase a Japanese kitchen knife.....maybe one day.

Here are a couple USA purchases, BBQ sauces not shown.

I love my Weber chimney starter, apple smoke goes with almost anything, and any time there is cast iron on a grill I am there.
Enjoy your scores. :thumbup:

Looking hard at the ThermaQ set with the insertion probe and the air probe. I think I have to sell off some shaving stuff first though to justify that $200 price tag. Looking forward to Thermapen's next free Time Stick offer. That might get me to pull the trigger.
I always try to get in on the Free Pocket Keychain probe. They are handy for me when I go camping.

That ThermaQ looks sweet.

Picked this up an hour ago because I want to make Brucereds Apple pancake recipe tomorrow and only own one cast iron skillet.
$image.jpg

Recent(ish) aquisitions

265mm Gyuto from Cris Anderson/Scorpion Forge in W2 steel.
$crisa5.jpg$crisa7.JPG

San-Mai Nakiri(top) from Bryan Raquin/Kiridashi & Tools and a 185mm Gyuto from Mert Tansu(bottom)
$new.jpg

Nakiri
$new2.JPG

Gyuto
$new3.JPG

They all cut beautifully, really really pleased with all of them:001_smile

Last edited:
The Japanese make some great looking knives
Although they have Japanese profiles and names, none of those are actually made in Japan! The first one is from the US, the Nakiri is from France and the smaller Gyuto is from Australia, there are some great makers all over the world:thumbup:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Saves me taking a pci of mine which just arrived a few minutes ago. Yes, on a Sunday. Just gotta love Amazon Prime.
They ought to cut Aaron in on the profits- he has stimulated the sale of this book
Although they have Japanese profiles and names, none of those are actually made in Japan! The first one is from the US, the Nakiri is from France and the smaller Gyuto is from Australia, there are some great makers all over the world:thumbup:
They do look ok great.

Takeda stainless clad AS gyuto 250mm

Takeda makes some great knives. If you're accomplished at thinning you can get screaming performance out of them...but even out of the box they're no slouch!

Recent(ish) aquisitions

San-Mai Nakiri(top) from Bryan Raquin/Kiridashi & Tools and a 185mm Gyuto from Mert Tansu(bottom)
View attachment 592379

Nakiri
View attachment 592380

Gyuto
View attachment 592381

They all cut beautifully, really really pleased with all of them:001_smile

I've always loved Mert's stuff, we talked quite a bit when he first started making them. I genuinely enjoyed helping him iron out the kinks...and he's taken off into the stratosphere since when it comes to his quality and performance. Bryan's stuff though, seriously touches my sense of aesthetics. I love the combination of rough and refined. Quality where it counts and nothing else. It reminds me of my childhood growing up on a 192,000 acre cattle ranch. We made virtually every tool we owned, and appearance was far, far down the list of priorities. Oddly...that made for a lot of really attractive tools. Form following function is its own form of artwork in my eyes.

Takeda makes some great knives. If you're accomplished at thinning you can get screaming performance out of them...but even out of the box they're no slouch!

I've always loved Mert's stuff, we talked quite a bit when he first started making them. I genuinely enjoyed helping him iron out the kinks...and he's taken off into the stratosphere since when it comes to his quality and performance. Bryan's stuff though, seriously touches my sense of aesthetics. I love the combination of rough and refined. Quality where it counts and nothing else. It reminds me of my childhood growing up on a 192,000 acre cattle ranch. We made virtually every tool we owned, and appearance was far, far down the list of priorities. Oddly...that made for a lot of really attractive tools. Form following function is its own form of artwork in my eyes.

Hey Cris,
It's been great watching guys like Mert really take their knife making to the next level, the Gyuto from him cuts like a dream, as does the Nakiri from Bryan, really love the rustic feel to it as well.
The Gyuto by some chap called Cris isn't bad either:biggrin1:
In all honesty, I have been soooo happy with the knives from you guys, they all cut great whilst looking good at the same time:thumbup:

Top Bottom