What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

I'd like to know how you like the spatula Matthew? Is the handle pretty thin? It looks flat in the photo.

Your two skillets look great!

I have a couple of Rosle kitchen tools and really like them.

I made a trip to the hot sauce store today and picked up a couple of things.

full

The red box is pure ceylon tead. We picked it up for making iced tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know how you like the spatula Matthew? Is the handle pretty thin? It looks flat in the photo.

Your two skillets look great!

I have a couple of Rosle kitchen tools and really like them.

Shawn, I apologize for my lack of a reply. I forgot to check back...

I love the spatula. The handle is thin, but it beats any spatula I have ever used. I was lucky enough to get one of the last remaining "Made in Germany" spatulas at the store. Do you have any of the new "Made in China" Rösle? If so, how do you think it compares to the old "Made in Germany" Rösle?

Hi Matthew, no worries.

I have two tools from Rösl, a whisk and a cheese slicer. I have a handful of cheap cheese slicers and I was given the Rösle as a gift, I wouldn't have paid nearly $25 for a cheese slicer. I would replace it in an instant if anything ever happened to it, it's the best cheese slicer I have ever used. The whisk is nothing special, in fact I rarely use it. I didn't know that they were now manufactured in China and I'm not sure where my tools were made. I have had both of them for over a year if that makes a difference.

An enameled cast-iron Staub. I might make boeuf bourguignon for its first dish. I wish it came with the rooster knob.

proxy.php

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
An enameled cast-iron Staub. I might make boeuf bourguignon for its first dish. I wish it came with the rooster knob.

proxy.php

Wow, that's nice. I never used a Staub, but a lot of folks say they're even better than Le Creuset, which is saying a lot.

Wow, that's nice. I never used a Staub, but a lot of folks say they're even better than Le Creuset, which is saying a lot.

I have heard the same. I have been using a Le Creuset for years now and love it. I chose the Staub over another Le Creuset because people have been praising it, many professional chefs praise it, and because of the basting spikes located underneath the lid.

I have been so busy, that I have yet to use it. Maybe tomorrow night...

Very nice Matthew. The rooster knob is pretty nice too.

I wish they gave you a choice. The replacement costs $30.

I got these three oil bottles this past week. One for extra virgin olive oil, one for olive oil, and one for canola oil. Sur La Table has them on sale right now for $5-ish. They have a nice flap lid to help keep air out.

proxy.php

Well, I used it tonight to make boeuf bourguignon. I have used it only once, but if it keeps performing that way, I would take a Staub over a Le Creuset any day, every day. The bacon rendered much nicer and the beef browned much nicer.

My only complaint is that the knob gets hot (it is brass, I believe). Le Creuset's knobs do not get hot, but, unlike the ones from Staub, cannot be used at 500°F in the oven.

Top Bottom