What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

Valhrona Guanaja 70% block
El Ray Apamate 73% large discs
Scharffen Berger cocoa
Valrhona cocoa nibs
Michel Cluizel cocoa nibs
Michel Cluizel 72% Amer Brut chips
Michel Cluizel 99% Noir Infini chips (with orange blossoms?)
Michel Cluizel 50% milk chocoate chips (Mistake. I meant to get regular 50%, partly for blending with the others)

proxy.php

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Scharffen Berger cocoa
Valrhona cocoa nibs
Michel Cluizel 50% milk chocoate chips (Mistake. I meant to get regular 50%, partly for blending with the others)

proxy.php

:drool: I can be there in an hour. :lol:

My new love - 165mm nakiri in white steel. The factory edge was full of chatter marks, but 30 minutes of working the stones and the thing will slice molecules.

Scharffen Berger cocoa
Valrhona cocoa nibs

Rerun on those Chocolate cookies you made for Rays class!
:thumbup1:

Woohoo, scored an All-Clad 10" fry pan and a Dutch oven! Good things happen when you cook for your parents and siblings on holidays! :biggrin:

All kinds of fun stuff for Christmas!

Le Creuset 3.5 quart French Oven!
The Illustrated Kitchen Bible
The King Arthur Flour Cook Book
Egg fry rings

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The card inside the box indicated that my darling wife purchased it from our very own Jon of Japaneseknifeimports.

Buys you a nice knife and lets you get the band back together- what a keeper! :thumbup:

I got a nice 16-piece dinnerware set-No more 50-year-old Lenox-Ware Melmac dishes that will not get clean! They just came in yesterday, since it took me forever to find a set with a decent color scheme and they weren't ordered until the 23rd.

I was happy enough with that, until my bro surprised me with a Kai brand Seki Magoroku chef's knife. :thumbup1:
Sorry about the angle on the shot. The lighting in my kitchen is terrible, and this accidental image had the best clarity with the flash :blushing:

The first picture is of the kitchen in our new house. So I figured it was fitting to put the acquisition of my new mess hall in this thread along with the new accessories. My Beagle, Hailey, ran in while I was taking the shot.

12" X 18" white poly cutting board
15" X 20" brown poly cutting board
20 quart stainless steel mixing bowl
14" stainless steel frying pan
Mundial 3" X 8" rounded stainless steel spatula
Mundial 8" high carbon stainless chef knife
Mundial 10" high carbon stainless chef knife
Mundial 12" oval diamond steel

Just got my latest eBay win yesterday: a cheap Chinese made Meat Cleaver!! ( the heavy one, not a Chinese chef knife). $15 shipped

Just broke down 2 whole chickens in record time.... Love this thing!

Top Bottom