What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

Legion

Staff member
I had no interest in it at all. UNTIL I saw a TV show on cable TV on vacation in November. These guys hammered out different blades, really was kind of addictive television! I've been wanting to try it ever since.
Forged in Fire on Discovery? I watch that.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Forged in Fire on Discovery? I watch that.
That was it! I was amazed at some of the guys on there's home forges! Honestly I thought of all the guys on here and our different ways of getting a clean shaven face! I mean, some of you dudes gots some awesome "dens" (man, I hate that werd! Makes me think of a lazy bear hibernating!) and some of us are lugging our gear from our dresser tops into the bathroom, but we get the job done. Some of those guys had forges I swear you could BBQ or make a ninja warrior blade with the same rig! Others had a hole in the ground, I swear, with a fan blower. My wife thought I was nuts watching a Marathon of that show, but it was really an education.

Happy Valentine’s Day! A meat bouquet from Man Crates from my better half!

523B74A1-1478-4127-9110-7B1D98C46BA7.jpeg

Tom

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Everything...
9AB755C5-8764-43B1-8BCD-164863EB892B.jpeg

New house, new kitchen, all new appliances. I don’t even know how to work all this stuff yet. Way too many bells and whistles to learn in a day. Absolutely love the induction cooktop, though. It leaves my old gas range in the dust and I don’t even want to talk about the old coil top range in the cottage we rented for six months after moving out of our old house and waiting to move in to the new one.
#wolfinductioncooktop
#wolfconvectionoven
#wolfspeedoven
#bosch800dishwasher
#gefrenchdoorrefrigerator

strop

Now half as wise
Used my OXO mandolin for the first time tonight. Why have I not had one of these before? I can slice pretty thin with a good knife, but this is just so much faster. Looks like french fries on the menu one night soon!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Another unplanned expense- a 17 cubic foot freezer. Home Despot has lost $2k in the last 4 months because they don’t keep refrigerators and freezers in stock. Four months ago the fridge died- Lowe’s to the rescue. Same thing today. Hell of a Mother’s Day gift.
D95A0B51-7635-4A78-972B-AD8D078D2DF2.jpeg
CB196D7D-A412-4DED-A633-E0948C44CF97.jpeg

Top Bottom