What's new

Merz Apothecary (Chicago) is the BOMB!

Hi all,
My daughter lives in Chicago. My last two visits, I have made a side trip to Merz Apothecary (the Lincoln Square location). Their web site is http://www.smallflower.com/

I am not employed by the owners or related to their business in any way, just a satisfied customer.
$1.JPG

The sales staff is knowledgeable, polite, and helpful. I listened to the gent in the picture walk a noob through the purchase of what he needed to get started. He sold a good basic kit, did not up-sell the guy things he did not need.

The second picture shows the wall of razors and (oh my god so many) brushes. An astounding selection of high end Simpson and Kent to see and feel. Below the counter is frags, AS, and soaps/creams. Penhaligon, i Coloniali mango, Tabac & Speick (full lines of product), Helan Vetiver and Rum EdT, Trumpers GFT and T&H full lines, Haslinger's, Kell, Proraso, .... I could go on and on! Obviously European product is where they are at- no domestic lines like nancy Boy etc.

$2.JPG
Last time I bought Penhaligon's Opus 1870 for me, Juniper for SWMBO, plus odds and ends. Yesterday I scored Tabac EdT, Cella cream, GFT Coconut cream, Haslinger sandalwood and Kell's Arabian Spice soaps.

Cheers!

I whole-heartdly agree with the thread title! Either Merz location is a must stop for the serious wetshaver in, around, or visiting Chicago!

Top Bottom