What's new

Merry Christmas to Me

Careful scrutiny to pre-holiday ads and special sales can be beneficial.
These went FAST!!
A98ABFAB-B4A9-41E2-A40D-F4211C787150.jpeg

Browning Citori 725 12 gauge. Considerable discount plus $200 rebate.
On the way. Be here Tuesday. šŸ˜
Putting the Beretta Silver Pigeon up for sale. Someone will get a screaming deal on that onešŸ˜±
Ā 
Beautiful shotgun. I might be too afraid to take a firearm like that out in the field, as it would be a shame to scratch it. Clay pigeons, however, would be a lot of fun.
Ā 
Yep. Field model.
Only differences between the Field and Sport are fiber optic front sight, ported barrels (not necessary for me), adjustable comb (ditto), barrels are a couple inches longer. Priceā€¦close to $1,000 more (+/-)...and no cool engraving on the receiveršŸ¤Ø
Ā 
Last edited:
ā€œNice, but Iā€™d have to keep the Silver Pigeon, too.ā€
Stranger things have happenedā€¦ā€¦
Ā 
60C5CC95-D3BC-423C-A1CA-ACECCEDA877C.jpeg

To the range today. Briefly:
Newgun-itis. Lock up is very stiff much break in shall be required.
Probably just me but this one is for some reason more choke sensitive than my other Brownings. Was running a Trulock cylinder choke on the bottom, light modified on top. Cylinder bore didnā€™t do much good unless the clay was right in your face. No issue with the other, more constricted choke. Further fine tuning is in the future.
The 725 shoulders and points better than a LOT of other shotguns I have used. In all I think it was a legit choice.
Ainā€˜t gonna ever replace my Browning White Lightning or Winchester 101 though. All will co-exist in harmony.
Ā 
Beautiful shotgun. I might be too afraid to take a firearm like that out in the field, as it would be a shame to scratch it. Clay pigeons, however, would be a lot of fun.

I used to think that. Then one day decided I'd rather have the memories of days afield with the Citori I enjoyed the most. Scratches are memories of days and dogs in the field. Glad I did it too because I can't shoot shotgun anymore.
Ā 

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I used to think that. Then one day decided I'd rather have the memories of days afield with the Citori I enjoyed the most. Scratches are memories of days and dogs in the field. Glad I did it too because I can't shoot shotgun anymore.
I feel that same way. I went to mini-war stage with Guitar Center last year over a Cordoba C7 guitar. They kept coming up with ones that had blemishes. Sure, they offered discounts but I didnā€™t want them. I wanted to pay full price for a guitar to get a new, untouched one. It will get scratches, but they will be scratches that I made. They finally came through. Lesson learned- go to Guitar Center to check out guitar in person, then order it from Sweetwater. :)
Ā 
Reactions: ctr
I feel that same way. I went to mini-war stage with Guitar Center last year over a Cordoba C7 guitar. They kept coming up with ones that had blemishes. Sure, they offered discounts but I didnā€™t want them. I wanted to pay full price for a guitar to get a new, untouched one. It will get scratches, but they will be scratches that I made. They finally came through. Lesson learned- go to Guitar Center to check out guitar in person, then order it from Sweetwater. :)

Sweetwater is excellent!
Ā 
Thanks for that input. I have heard that they are great, but an opinion from a B&Ber outweighs random dudes on the Internet.

Ask for Charles. He has been my rep for many years. Standup guy and sometimes he can give you a better deal than the web price.
Ā 
Top Bottom