What's new

Merkur Vs lkon

I went for the standard DLC head with a shiny 85mm bulldog handle. I chose the standard head just because I shave everyday. Just waiting for it to arrive.

I mostly own Merkurs, Futur, 39c Slant, 933, these are all great razors. I found myself primarily using the 933 daily, but the only drawback is the handle length. The Futur is good but the head itself is quite cumbersome under the nose on a side pass. The 39c is amazing, but no good for a 3 pass daily shave.
I ordered the Ikon today, 102 Slant with custom handle and stand from Italian Barber. I'm hoping I can use it as a daily shaver, the 39c seems to cause red spot on one part of neck no matter what I do.

Congratulations!
The short handle needs getting used to, especially for those with larger hands...ideal for travelling though.

I shaved with the 37C last night, rotating from the 102 - the 102 is definitely the smoother one (for me).
Due to the absence of feel of blade against skin, there is a tendency to apply pressure - don't.

Good luck!

I ordered the Ikon today, 102 Slant with custom handle and stand from Italian Barber. I'm hoping I can use it as a daily shaver, the 39c seems to cause red spot on one part of neck no matter what I do.

Hey! :) good for you, hope you enjoy it. I'm over the moon with mine

Congratulations!
The short handle needs getting used to, especially for those with larger hands...ideal for travelling though.

I shaved with the 37C last night, rotating from the 102 - the 102 is definitely the smoother one (for me).
Due to the absence of feel of blade against skin, there is a tendency to apply pressure - don't.

Good luck!

A drew some blood from my neck area funnily enough. Apart from that it's amazing the feedback through the head

Congratulations!

The bundle from Joe comes with the short handle and a longer one with a stand included. The finish on both handles matches the head better. Really cool looking and only available through Joe.

Top Bottom