What's new

Merkur Vision/Vision 2000

If I walked into a shaving shop today, would the Vision 2000 be the only one available? Or would the older Visions be available too?

I believe the older Visions were phased out. Nevertheless, no guarantee that you are buying an older model. Best to ask before you purchase.

Perhaps the most noticeable difference is the way the Vision 2000 disassembles for cleaning. With the clamshell doors wide open, by placing light pressure on them to close them, the stem inside the massive handle will protrude downward from the twist-to-open knob. You will be able to see how the disc on the protruding end of the shaft can be slipped to the side for removal, thereby providing for complete disassembly.
I believe that this is the hallmark modification that made the Vision 2000 so superior to its predecessor.:thumbup1:
If this is not clear, perhaps I can take photos this PM and post them for you? Just say, "The Word.":laugh:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Once you have it opened, what do you do? Clean, lubricate, or both? What to clean with? What to lube with?

Thanks,
Tim

Once you have it opened, what do you do? Clean, lubricate, or both? What to clean with? What to lube with?

I had been using my Vision for about five months and it was starting to make a groaning sound (lower pitched than a squeak) when I opened and closed the blade bay. So, last night, I disassembled it as per above.

It wasn't dirty in there, at all. So, I just sort of wiped the stem off with my fingers, sprayed some WD-40 on it, and put the razor back together. It works like a charm, now.

Tim

If you've got a Vision 2000, search for "Vision Surgery", which explains how to completely disassemble the Vision and make all possible adjustments.

If you've got a Vision 2007 then all bets are off, AFAIK no one has figured out how to completely disassemble those.

Top Bottom