What's new

Merkur Vision Broken, help needed.

Hey Guys,
I have a Merkuvr Vision 2000 I believe. Wife bought it for me as a gift last year. Have mostly enjoyed it but did notice that the blade gap had started to become uneven on both sides. Allthough this was annoying, I was still able to use it. However today, one of the doors that hold the blade down snapped off as I was replacing the blade and tightening it down. I've had the razor for almost a year and half but have no idea if I can get any support or repair on it. Can anybody help me or point in the right direction? Tried searching the forums but couldn't come up with anything.

Also, I've tried to disassemble the razor but the bottom cap simply will not come off as the few videos I've seen show it to. I've tried numerous times but no such luck. I believe it is a vision 2000 but don't know for sure. Here is a few pics of the razor.... Thanks for all help in advance.

$photo 1.jpg$photo 2.jpg$photo 3.jpg$photo 4.jpg

This may not be the best night of the year to get a good cross section of members, so I'll take a swing at this till a Vision owner comes along.

Looking at your door photo, it appears broken to my eye. Both ends should look the same. I can see a mounting/pivot hole at one end but not the other.

You may be able to contact Dovo for a replacement door.

Good luck on your quest.

This may not be the best night of the year to get a good cross section of members, so I'll take a swing at this till a Vision owner comes along.

Looking at your door photo, it appears broken to my eye. Both ends should look the same. I can see a mounting/pivot hole at one end but not the other.

You may be able to contact Dovo for a replacement door.

Good luck on your quest.

Thanks for your reply. The mounting/pivot hole is broken off the door. I have contacted DOVO, have received a reply. So far they have offered to send out a replacement new center rod/flaps assembly. The problem is I cannot disassemble this razor for the life of me. I've tried several times but the bottom cap will not disengage when I press down on the gates. Also, I believe even after the rod/flaps assembly is replaced, the razor will still need some sort of adjustment to fix the uneven blade gap. I'm still waitng for a reply from Dovo to see if I can get the razor serviced/repaired. Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks for your reply. The mounting/pivot hole is broken off the door. I have contacted DOVO, have received a reply. So far they have offered to send out a replacement new center rod/flaps assembly. The problem is I cannot disassemble this razor for the life of me. I've tried several times but the bottom cap will not disengage when I press down on the gates. Also, I believe even after the rod/flaps assembly is replaced, the razor will still need some sort of adjustment to fix the uneven blade gap. I'm still waitng for a reply from Dovo to see if I can get the razor serviced/repaired. Thanks again for the reply.

I am not familiar with the care and feeding of a Vision but just generally speaking, on a TTO razor the doors perform several functions concerning the blade. As the door closes and is tightened the blade is shaped and the final locked position determines the vertical position of the blade edge. Finally the doors clamp the blade in place.

If the broken door has been cracking and drifting upwards, that could explain some or all of the blade position issues.

Possibly someone familiar with a Vision could talk you through replacing your parts to see if that resolves the issue.

Hey Guys,
I have a Merkuvr Vision 2000 I believe...
Can anybody help me or point in the right direction?..
Contact the vendor you bought your razor from and, if you don't get help from them, contact Merkur Customer Service.

Please let us know how it goes.

Take them up on their parts offer asap, you lucked out as they are a bit schizophrenic about offering replacements for defective bits in recent years.

When you push down on the opened door assembly it exposes the knob at the bottom far enough to observe where the bottom of the assembly inserts into the button. Should be a simple matter of moving the button until it becomes positioned under the largest part of the opening you see and remove it. The doors can then be removed from the razor. If the button does not wiggle around when you manipulate it with the door assembly depressed something is wrong. Be sure the adjustment ring is fully to the right before depressing and the open door knob has opened the doors fully.

If this is the first time you have tried to take it apart having shaved with it for how long? it may be all frozen up with debris and shaving soap etc. It is a fussy razor for maintenance but if done periodically performs beautifully. But if you can depress the door assembly there should be no reason the knob cannot be removed. The knob is hollow to fit over the expanded metal tip of the central rod of the door assembly. Be sure the knob that opens the doors is fully turned to the open door position. That will allow the bottom button to be pushed out of its seat the furthest.

Top Bottom