What's new

Merkur Vision 2000 Re-assembly Help

Hello,

I have a Merkur Vision 2000 that I picked up for parts that just needed a butterfly assembly. Go figure I had a spare.

I have never completely disassembled a MK V2K and I believe I am missing a step/adjustment on the re-assembly.

After I put it back together either the doors won’t lockdown or the razor midsection seperates from the head, adjuster assembly.

Has anyone torn down and reassembled one? If so any tips? See pics below for details. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
John

D8E1120E-7D01-4BA1-8B74-13B93DD4B57A.jpeg
0F9E7627-CDA2-4FAC-A4BA-CB1F6CADAE26.jpeg
DFDE2D34-F9D2-46D6-A2DF-051FED8C7948.jpeg

Adam,

Thank you for the help. I have already watched this and I am still missing something. This is driving me nuts.

Note during the part of the video that shows the plating process they show Futur not Vision handles.

Cheers
John

Last edited:
R

romsitsa

Hello John,

did you manage to find a solution? From your description and the information available online it looks like the spring on the center rod pushes your razor apart.
Doors won't lockdown: this shouldn't happen with the bottom plate in place, as this secures the whole assembly while tensioning the central spring.
Center piece comes loose from head: I suspect that the central spring pushes up the head assembly, maybe due to the worn out plastic insert visible around 3:16 in the video.

Adam

Hello John,

did you manage to find a solution? From your description and the information available online it looks like the spring on the center rod pushes your razor apart.
Doors won't lockdown: this shouldn't happen with the bottom plate in place, as this secures the whole assembly while tensioning the central spring.
Center piece comes loose from head: I suspect that the central spring pushes up the head assembly, maybe due to the worn out plastic insert visible around 3:16 in the video.

Adam
Adam,
No I haven't fixed it yet. I have a good Vision to compare with.
I think the middle piece needs loctite where it connects to razor head.
I can get razor to operate correctly but the two pieces separate. I'll take some pictures when possible.
I'm just nervous about applying loctite (blue) to razor.

Cheers
John

Hello John,

Adam
Hello,

One of the benefits of this Covid lockdown is I am finishing up a lot of projects.
I revisited the above Vision 2K. After a few cups of coffee and comparing it to my working 2K I fixed it.
It was this threaded piece below the adjusting knob needed to be “Loctite’d” to the threaded piece that the blade rests on.
I used some Loctite Red and made sure it was in correct position. 24 hours later I have a working 2nd Vision 2K.

Cheers
John

Top Bottom