What's new

Merkur Vision 2000 Questions

Hi everyone,

Just recieved a new(ish) Merkur Vision 2000 from flea bay for a reasonable price and in great nick! Have just been playing about with the settings and I recall from my days of shaving with the Progress that there is a "calibration" mark (dot) on the razor itself - does this exist on the Vision? Only thing I can see is the little Merkur 'head' logo - is this meant to be what the various settings match up to? If so I believe my razor could be defective in some way - the settings don't seem to match up i.e. if the above logic is right, the 'V' should show least exposure while 'N' should show the most?

Secondly, when I close it up (i.e. feels like it can't be turned anymore) the head still has a bit of a 'rattle' i.e. there is some play still left in it - is this normal? Granted I have not tried it with a blade yet but I'm thinking this shouldn't be the way they are?

Lastly - like adjsutable Gillettes, does the head have to be loosened in any way to allow free movement of the head assembly during adjustments?

Thanks

R.

Hi everyone,

Just recieved a new(ish) Merkur Vision 2000 from flea bay for a reasonable price and in great nick! Have just been playing about with the settings and I recall from my days of shaving with the Progress that there is a "calibration" mark (dot) on the razor itself - does this exist on the Vision? Only thing I can see is the little Merkur 'head' logo - is this meant to be what the various settings match up to? If so I believe my razor could be defective in some way - the settings don't seem to match up i.e. if the above logic is right, the 'V' should show least exposure while 'N' should show the most?

Secondly, when I close it up (i.e. feels like it can't be turned anymore) the head still has a bit of a 'rattle' i.e. there is some play still left in it - is this normal? Granted I have not tried it with a blade yet but I'm thinking this shouldn't be the way they are?

Lastly - like adjsutable Gillettes, does the head have to be loosened in any way to allow free movement of the head assembly during adjustments?

Thanks

R.

The adjustment begins with the V lined up with the small circular Merkur head logo. Counter clockwise from there to about the dot between the I and S.

Head rattles without the blade. No rattle when blade installed.

Head does not have to be loosened in any way to adjust the razor.

Top Bottom