What's new

Merkur Travel Razor

Gentlemen
Just wanted to share a razor set with you.
The Merkur 46C 3-piece travel razor. This is a very well made, excellent razor, not just for travelling but also for everyday usage.
Because of carry-on restrictions, a lot of us have had to eschew taking our DE razors with us, if you do not check in your luggage while travelling. Well, that’s kinda too bad, considering most of us prefer shaving traditionally and to go back to CARTS is not that gratifying even while going abroad.
Now, we go to our cabin as often as we can and because it’s a 4 hour drive, I always take my DE with me. In this case its the Merkur travel set.
A truly wonderful, efficient and space saving razor. The handle breaks down, the head is a two-piece and there’s a slot for a tuck of blades.
The shave is great. A very efficient, irritation-free and mild shaver. I like PolSilvers, Super-Iridiums and at times Voshkods, Personnas and the odd Astras.
This razors handles them all with no fuss and a great deal of ease. Even some of the sharpest blades are easy and rewarding to use.
So if you are travelling and if you driving, this is a great razor to take along. Also, if you’re flying, check your bag just so you can take this set up with you.
We are going to see the Open in St. Andrews this July and this is the razor that’s going with me.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Posting a picture of your new kit would be a great idea, I had a heck of a time finding this. Merkur doesn't even sell this razor anymore. They have a 47C now. Anyways, your kit is probably this one, if not, again, a picture would be greatly appreacited.

1653944061278.png

Posting a picture of your new kit would be a great idea, I had a heck of a time finding this. Merkur doesn't even sell this razor anymore. They have a 47C now. Anyways, your kit is probably this one, if not, again, a picture would be greatly appreacited.

View attachment 1464370
Not sure why you had trouble finding this. I just googled Merkur 46c travel razor and it popped right up. There's several outlets that sell it. Fendrihans, Classic Edge shaving etc. And yes that is the one I have. Although the leather grain looks a bit different.
MRK46002_Merkur_3_piece_travel_razor_set_x1024.jpeg
MRK46002_Merkur_3_piece_travel_razor_set2_x1024.jpeg

Top Bottom