What's new

Merkur progress $35 TAOS

Long handle progress for $35
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

I placed the order twice, and twice it has been cancelled (the email said upon my request--which never happened). I even used different CC. Weird Never happened with any company.

Last edited:
I ended up ordering 3 times, 1st and 2nd were canceled, God only knows why . I complained both times, once per phone and once in writing.
3rd order was mailed.....i didn't get it, went to check at a neighbors door....it was not there but since they have Ring and some of my mail ends up there.....I said I was looking for MY razor.... the next morning it was at my door........

was thinking about getting one how does it compare to the fatboy or slim which i own or even a short handle progress?

The Progress provides more blade feel, gap, and aggression at the higher settings than the classic Gillettes. Progress is also heavier and head a little beefier than the Slim head (can't compare to Fatboy.) Handle length is your preference. The shorter handle will be closer to what you are used to in the Gillettes.

The Progress provides more blade feel, gap, and aggression at the higher settings than the classic Gillettes. Progress is also heavier and head a little beefier than the Slim head (can't compare to Fatboy.) Handle length is your preference. The shorter handle will be closer to what you are used to in the Gillettes.
wished they had the short handle always wanted to try one do like my merkurs thought but hardly use my adjustable anymore atm

would it be better to buy new or a older progress cause i know qc from merkur isnt the best from what ive read

would it be better to buy new or a older progress cause i know qc from merkur isnt the best from what ive read
QC has not been an issue for me. I have purchased 4 Merkur razors in the last year (two of my sons are into this too:) 2 Progress, 34C, and the open comb), and none have had any problems. I am not sure of any way to check the manufacturing dates.

I just received one of these long handles from the art of shaving sale. It joins my regular size progress that I bought 10 years ago or so. The quality of the old one and new one are identical, the quality being superb!

Reactions: ewk
I just received one of these long handles from the art of shaving sale. It joins my regular size progress that I bought 10 years ago or so. The quality of the old one and new one are identical, the quality being superb!
Is it pretty long handle in use to my slim and Fatboy I don't really care for long handles why I don't use my 38c hd much or anything like it

It's definitely heavier than a slim. The handle lives up to the billing; it is longer than the slim. I don't own a 38c, so I can't compare it to one.

Top Bottom