What's new

MERKUR HD 34C Nice!

Finally pick up a "34C HD" after one year of DE Shaving.

This is one nice razor.

Looks great and is easy to handle.

My first shave was WTG and only one pass with a little touch up.
Got a DFS.:thumbup1:

I'm just plain happy with this razor.:001_smile

David

The 34C is a great razor and one of the reasons that I haven't fully looked into the vintage Gillettes. Fixed head Merks just work for me.

The 34c is probably the best all around razor. One variable I never factored while shaving was razor and blade combinations. That certain razors and blades go very bad together. For example Feathers and most Merkur razors make a bad combination. But after having phone conversation and reading research and interviews from Charles Roberts of Enchante, his research found Feathers go great with Gillettes and 34c. The 34c is recommended because its the least objectionable razor and he would like to one day create the ideal safety razor. If you need to recommend a razor or just one razor, this is it. It beats out parkers and other brand razors that are still being made. The razors I recommend for 34c that have worked very well are: Merkur, Gillette Platinum, Feather, and Derby's(Great starter blade). I haven't tried this, but Gillette 7 O Clock yellows may work very well with them.

Yeah, Merkur 34C + Gillette 7 O'clock is a great combo. I like it with Feather too, but I just have to go a little slower.

Update to my post, I forgot to mention that th 34c is probably the best still made razor today. I have Gillette slim adjustable and Tech which are very good shavers, mild, and well built.

The 34c is probably the best all around razor. One variable I never factored while shaving was razor and blade combinations. That certain razors and blades go very bad together. For example Feathers and most Merkur razors make a bad combination. But after having phone conversation and reading research and interviews from Charles Roberts of Enchante, his research found Feathers go great with Gillettes and 34c. The 34c is recommended because its the least objectionable razor and he would like to one day create the ideal safety razor. If you need to recommend a razor or just one razor, this is it. It beats out parkers and other brand razors that are still being made. The razors I recommend for 34c that have worked very well are: Merkur, Gillette Platinum, Feather, and Derby's(Great starter blade). I haven't tried this, but Gillette 7 O Clock yellows may work very well with them.

When using the HD I did get the impression that it is a great all around razor. Great shave, easy to handle and looks great.

I used the Merkur DE blade that was supplied with the razor. To my surprise it was a good combination. When using a Merkur DE blade in a Gillettte my results were fair at best. Strange how some blades work with some razors. Hopefully one of these days I'll get off my backside and try some Feathers for the first time.

Gonna be getting an open comb hd soon. Can't wait!

I have an Open Comb HD and it is a great razor but it is aggressive. I do get a few nicks and weepers using it. I guess my skin and face are not made for the Open Comb style. Still I may keep it for the days that I have a one or two day beard.

Top Bottom