What's new

Merkur Futur

Is a video available showing a shave with this razor? I seem to be cutting my face to pieces each day I use it ( about two weeks in total)

what number are you using? i started out with it on 1.5.

make sure not to press down, let the razors weight do the work for you.

how exactly do you shave with it? maybe there is something with your technique that is causing it to nick you.

Magicpass said:
Is a video available showing a shave with this razor? I seem to be cutting my face to pieces each day I use it ( about two weeks in total)

Magic - Shaving with all DE's technique wise is going to be identical. I'd suggest you purchase the B&B DVD, as the high quality video (much better than what we could host) as well as in depth descriptions and details will be invaluable. Also - I believe it is over an hour - so you get quite a bit of useable info from it :smile:

Just as an FYI - this next Tuesday is going to be the last day the DVD's are shipped out for a month - as Nick will be gone on business.

Magic,
I have this very razor and it can be a beast if you let it. First what setting are you using and what type of blade are you using. When I first started, I was using a Merkur blade and had the razor set at around 3. It took me a good month or so before my technique was good enough to open the razor up to a 6. Then I tried the Feather blades, and I had to set the razor back to a 1 for a week or so before beginning to dial the aggressiveness up again. Moral of the story is that the exposure and blade are both important in the aggressiveness of the razor. My suggestion....start slow....don't begin with Feather razors....take you time and let your face adjust to the new razor...and never ever use pressure when shaving with the Futur.

I my self now have been shaving with my Futur for about one month.At first I did not find it as forgiving as my progress , but I have to say I have stuck with it and now enjoy irritation free shaves.All be it from day one I have used the number two setting with a Merkur blade.Hang in there and I am sure it will come good.

Alan

Top Bottom