What's new

Merkur Futur --- what do you all think of it?

My empty Futur goes from .5 to 6.

If it’s too aggressive, you might want to bring it down to 0.5, then squeeze the razor head, which will then expose the brass inside a bit. Then turn it pass the stopper to bring it to 6.

This is provided your 0.5 gives you a bit of a gap at the side , like the pictures I posted with the blue or red circles..

Still learning the Art

Futur is excellent razor. It is not an easy razor due to it's size and aggressiviness. It is smooth and aggressive at the same time. For me it is the best looking DE razor that gives you really close shaves.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
So today I tried a Ming Shi 2000S to see how it differed from my Futur. The two biggest issues are the Ming Shi is slightly lighter and the handle slimmer than the Futur. The sound is also slightly different; kinda like my voice when it started to change. The adjustment seems even smoother and more precise than with my Futur though.

The final results were about the same, first pass at 1 the second pass at 1.5 with either razor gives me a PDG+ near perfect shave.

I don't believe the MingShi/QShave clones are really any different in head size, but I don't have any issue under the nose with mine. To get the pesky nose hairs, I just angle slightly on the XTG pass putting one edge in lightly into the nostril. - Don't believe I have an abnormally large nose, perhaps that's the reason? - Just odd some have so much trouble under the nose and others no trouble at all.

Love mine (except for the slickness of the handle). I like the weight and the shave I get (I use a 4 setting). I actually look forward to experimenting with other adjustables.

I have a couple of high end razors like the wolfmann guerrilla, a timeless, and a charcoal goods level 3 oc and I still rank the futur right up there with them.

I don't believe the MingShi/QShave clones are really any different in head size, but I don't have any issue under the nose with mine. To get the pesky nose hairs, I just angle slightly on the XTG pass putting one edge in lightly into the nostril. - Don't believe I have an abnormally large nose, perhaps that's the reason? - Just odd some have so much trouble under the nose and others no trouble at all.

That's basically what I do with my Futur and manage to get most under the nose hair that way! [emoji106]

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea it was so easy to disassemble and clean the Futur.

Just remember to see if your setting moves from 1 to 6 or 0.5 to 6.

Best is to take a pic of the side gap at number 1... so you know the original factory setting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just remember to see if your setting moves from 1 to 6 or 0.5 to 6.

Best is to take a pic of the side gap at number 1... so you know the original factory setting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm... I'm not sure which range is the original factory setting now. It's set at 0.5-6 right now.

Top Bottom