What's new

Merkur Futur - Pulled the trigger on it!

Been eyeing one for a while, but I finally pulled the trigger on it.

Got the gold plated one too.... ;)

upload_2018-7-11_9-1-23.png

Can't wait to try it out.....

Congrats. I've owned one in the past. I'd recommend starting on setting 1 and moving up (or staying) there. She's a biter :)

I wanted one for a while and finally got one. The only thing I would change about it is that the handle should have been designed with some level of knurling to give it a better purchase.

I wanted one for a while and finally got one. The only thing I would change about it is that the handle should have been designed with some level of knurling to give it a better purchase.

I got the matt finish for that reason. Seems to work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one of those in the matte finish, and it's great! I have been bitten a couple times when I wasn't completely focused on my technique though. That blade gap likes to gobble any skin that isn't stretched enough.. It tends to give me weepers under my throat when I shave against the grain.

Congrats. I've owned one in the past. I'd recommend starting on setting 1 and moving up (or staying) there. She's a biter :)

I'm a straight razor shaver, so I'm not as concerned about getting bitten. :)

You will enjoy it. I know I like mine.

thanks man! I'm looking forward to it.

that's the only thing I was thinking is that if the handle was textured more it might not be as slippery.

I got the matt finish for that reason. Seems to work for me.

I just got a promotion at work, so I was feeling the gold.... lol
Let us know how you like it. I've been eyeing one as well.
Will do for sure!

I’m sure Gold will be great. I was torn between matte and gold. For that matter, I still am.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
I got a gold one ages ago but I have not used it yet as I was worried about the smoothness of the handle. I think I will just use it and see how I go. I have a thing called Reynaud's syndrome and I have minimal circulation in my fingers. I am prone to the dropsy's lately.

I'm a straight razor shaver, so I'm not as concerned about getting bitten. :)

Don't worry about getting your face bitten.

worry about getting your fingers bitten

Use CAUTION when making adjustment settings as you will more than likely grab the head to twist the handle. The head is where the blade is.....

If you feel you must change settings during a shave (something you might do in the beginning) place the razor head flat on a towel and turn the handle. DON'T grab the exposed blade.

Pay attention when removing the top cap as you musts "pop" it off with a thumb.

You can search B&B for all the horror stories about sliced hands from the Futur.

I got my first one after a B&B member sliced themselves so badly they had to go to the emergency room for stitches. By the time they returned and took their Futur out of the pool of blood the finish was deeply pitted so I got it for a song (i.e. take this thing please). I called it my "drive by shooting" model and used it as a travel razor because it was so badly "uglied"

I have both a gold and satin finish model. The gold is slippery compared to the mat finish.

Keep your hands dry and you won't have any issues.

The old drive by shooting model for reference (and emphasis)

proxy.php

Is it strange that I still want to try this razor, even after hearing all of the horror stories of people using it?

Is it strange that I still want to try this razor, even after hearing all of the horror stories of people using it?

It was the 2nd razor I bought after joining B&B and have not been without one since.

Well worth having as they give a close shave at any setting.

proxy.php

Don't worry about getting your face bitten.

worry about getting your fingers bitten

Use CAUTION when making adjustment settings as you will more than likely grab the head to twist the handle. The head is where the blade is.....

If you feel you must change settings during a shave (something you might do in the beginning) place the razor head flat on a towel and turn the handle. DON'T grab the exposed blade.

Pay attention when removing the top cap as you musts "pop" it off with a thumb.

You can search B&B for all the horror stories about sliced hands from the Futur.

I got my first one after a B&B member sliced themselves so badly they had to go to the emergency room for stitches. By the time they returned and took their Futur out of the pool of blood the finish was deeply pitted so I got it for a song (i.e. take this thing please). I called it my "drive by shooting" model and used it as a travel razor because it was so badly "uglied"

I have both a gold and satin finish model. The gold is slippery compared to the mat finish.

Keep your hands dry and you won't have any issues.

The old drive by shooting model for reference (and emphasis)

proxy.php

That’s unfortunate for those wounded in action. I never knew about that when I bought mine, but I was instantly concerned when I took delivery and saw mine.

I practiced removing and replacing the cap quite a few times, before I put a blade in it. When adjusting, I intuitively grabbed the ends of the cap.

That’s unfortunate for those wounded in action. I never knew about that when I bought mine, but I was instantly concerned when I took delivery and saw mine.

I practiced removing and replacing the cap quite a few times, before I put a blade in it. When adjusting, I intuitively grabbed the ends of the cap.

Best to put a towel on the counter, rest the head on it and twist.

Keep your hands on the handle, not the head (anywhere). It only takes once. Razor blades are sharp (or they should be).

proxy.php

Best to put a towel on the counter, rest the head on it and twist.

Keep your hands on the handle, not the head (anywhere). It only takes once. Razor blades are sharp (or they should be).

proxy.php

Never had a problem in six years. Thumb on one end and index on the other, other fingers touching palm of hand.

I guess I see things a little differently, since I use a straight on weekends. They are way more likely to bite me...no matter how careful I am.

Never had a problem in six years. Thumb on one end and index on the other, other fingers touching palm of hand.

I guess I see things a little differently, since I use a straight on weekends. They are way more likely to bite me...no matter how careful I am.

Typically it is a new user who is unfamiliar with the razor who make the mistake with the blade

Top Bottom