What's new

Merkur Adjustable Comparo Pics (Progress VS Futur VS Progress)

Gents,
Over the next few days, I will be posting reviews of each one of these DE's, pics on how you load the razor, which razor is right for who, etc etc. Should be fun!

Here are some intitial comparo pics. Stay tuned gents!

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

This should be interesting. I currently have a Futur but I've been thinking about getting a Vision for a while.

I look forward to your review on the Progress. I have the Vision and the Futur. You should try a Slant Bar; it's turned out to be my favorite.

OOh this will be great. I bought a Vision off a forum member, it's huge. Then I recieved a Gillette DE Adjustable from another forum member.. and man it's TINY in comparison.

So far I'm enjoying both!

:D

Austin said:
I look forward to your review on the Progress. I have the Vision and the Futur. You should try a Slant Bar; it's turned out to be my favorite.

Austin! Shame shame shame! I am a long time slant bar user! In fact.... if memory serves me correct - my review on SMF turned you onto the slant bar and I coaxed you into tryng one!

Slant bar is still my favorite razor, if I was left with just it - I would be a happy man!

LarryH said:
Anyone know a good place to pick up a Slant? For some reason classicshaving and QED don't seem to offer them.
Greetings LarryH,
Charles of QED does carry Merkur slantbar razors. I purchased mine there. If you wish, you may email him at [email protected]. He responds within the same workday. I can not vouch for weekends.

Thanks guys. I've ordered both my Vision and HD from Charles (among other things) but didn't see the slant on his site. I'll give him a "jingle."

R

rainman

I like this comparison shot. I didn't realize the Vision was that much bigger than the Futur. The long handled progress with a modified knob is very close in weight and length to the Futur but not as bulky looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom