What's new

Merkur 37C

Handful of months ago I was generously PIF'd a 34C which I've used 90% of the time since. Something about the balance and performance with sharp Russian Gillette & Astra blades has just made it hard to reach for my Slim (which isn't going anywhere). I've been quasi-slant curious for a while and decided to order a 37C. I assume balance and heft should be on par with the 34C and perhaps it'll be a touch more efficient. I considered the razor rock German slant but went with the merkur assuming it'd have the 34Cs weight/balance. Who knows maybe ill slice the Hades outa myself haha!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I've used both the 34/38 and the 37/39 platform. Aside from being a little careful the first couple of times, you'll be fine. Great razor!

O.H.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
@SlimChicken

I have a Merkur 37C slant razor that I recently acquired. Its a pretty awesome razor indeed! What I want to know is, how many passes did you do on your face? WTG, XTG, ATG. Because I am all about that BBS, I did a 3-pass shave with touch ups. I got a few alum stings cause I over did it a bit. But I rather overdoo it and have a complete BBS, then to under do it, and have whiskers saying, you missed a spot. LOL!

I am glad you enjoyed your shave with your new Merkur 37C slant razor. BTW, I love Wizamet blades too, they are amazing arn't they? :)

Full disclosure, I have a beard and use DEs for my neck and keeping my beard lined out. I've done a few 3 pass neck shaves with the 37C with good results. I don't really over think it. I shave down my neck, up my neck, and across.

Last edited:
Top Bottom