What's new

merkur 37c Slant bar

just had a shave with the 37c slant what i great shave this is to to aggressive not to mild.
what is used was

face scrub
savlon as pre shave
tobs eton collage
alum bloc
witch hazel with eo added
proraso after shave balm
merkur blade
well here it goes the shave cam out fantastic bbs even under the chin with no irritation, no stinging with the alum bloc.

what i dont understand is that they say the razor is for the experienced shaver but i have not shaved that long with de's :) , even the blade sticking out is not that bad to me anyway.

now what do you think of this fantastic razor? however i would like to know is there much difference to the 39c sledghammer as i might pick her up aswell :)

ps.. did i say this razor is a beauty now in my main rotation of razors :)
dave

Thanks for the review! I have problems getting that bbs, and was considering either the 37c or 39c. I'm sold, now all I have to do is sell SWMBO lol

Thanks for the review! I have problems getting that bbs, and was considering either the 37c or 39c. I'm sold, now all I have to do is sell SWMBO lol

Ahh that's a toughy . I can say Is the is a great razor the 37c . A nice bbs with much easy 3 passes :)

Congrats on finding a razor that works well for you. I know a lot of people regard this as one of the best. :thumbup1:
I've not really understood why some thinks it needs to be for an experienced shaver either as it isn't that aggressive. Very effecient though, as you know. IMO this razor benefits from longer strokes allowing the "slant" of the razor blade to do it's thing.

EDIT; The 39C having the longer handle will change the feel of the razor in your hand but IMO wouldn't shave any different. With that said, some have better technique with longer handled razors. I hope this helps some and great review!

Agreed should never fear this razor .

That's cleared a lot up then just hope rad don't strike and get the sledghammer as well :)

Top Bottom