What's new

Merkur 37c Revelation and & thx to b&b

Having had problems with the 37c slant giving me razor burn I've finally found through perseverance a way of making this razor work effortlessly, I think using as light a pressure as I can with this razor is the key, I know this is what we're supposed to do with all safety razors but this one seems particularly fierce if I apply too much pressure.
This is quickly becoming my favourite razor now I've worked out the best method of using it.

A big thank you to badger and blade as I've received my free gift sample pack of blades today. Much appreciated I look forward to trying them all.

Great to hear! I actually struggled with getting the hang of using a slant, it took me a pretty long time. Once I did though, it moved into a steady place in the den, and became the go to DE when I have to travel.

I really like my 37c since I made the same discovery. It was my second razor after the 34c. The 34 is such a forgiving razor I had developed bad habits. Light pressure is indeed important for preventing irritation.

The other thing I have to keep an eye on is blade angle / the right side of the blade where the blade exposure is higher. If your angle is good, the greater blade exposure is offset by the torqued angle of the right side of the blade and everything is great. If you're sloppy it's pretty easy to nick yourself in tight spaces. I've nicked my nose a few times and above my chin.

I've finally found through perseverance a way of making this razor work effortlessly, I think using as light a pressure as I can with this razor is the key, I know this is what we're supposed to do with all safety razors but this one seems particularly fierce if I apply too much pressure.
As you say, applies to any razor. Light contact and let the blade do the work.

Top Bottom