What's new

Merkur 34C vs Lord L6

Merkur 34C vs Lord L6

• Merkur 34C

• Lord L6

Results are only viewable after voting.
hello everyone: how Lord L6 razor compare to the Merkur 34C razor? in terms of aggression and smoothness , and who shaves closer between the two ?

Many Thanks ...
Idan

proxy.php

I've never tried the Lord L6, but the Merkur 34C was my first DE razor. It's still one of my favorites.

Here are my $0.02!

I use a Lord L6 as my travel razor. It is very light and provides good shaves. Great value for the $! It would not break my heart if I forgot it in a hotel.

The 34C is definitely more substantial and is a razor that most everyone should try. Great shaver IMHO and one that I would definitely regret forgetting in a hotel room!

Oldest son loves the L6, it's his daily driver for both face/head shaving. No experience with the 34C, if someone wants to send me one to try PM me. <GRIN>!

The L6 ($10) is one of the great values out there. The head - which is remarkably similar to the 34c's head - aligns the blade perfectly every time. The handle is long and light (aluminum.) The 34c ($40) is significantly heavier and more sturdy. It has a short handle that I happen to like. I have heard people say it can have blade alignment issues, but I have not encountered any. Both razors provide excellent shaves. The extra weight of the Merkur makes it slightly more efficient on the tougher parts of my beard near the chin.

The L6 ($10) is one of the great values out there. The head - which is remarkably similar to the 34c's head - aligns the blade perfectly every time. The handle is long and light (aluminum.) The 34c ($40) is significantly heavier and more sturdy. It has a short handle that I happen to like. I have heard people say it can have blade alignment issues, but I have not encountered any. Both razors provide excellent shaves. The extra weight of the Merkur makes it slightly more efficient on the tougher parts of my beard near the chin.

and in terms of aggression and smoothness you don't see any differences between the two ?
why i asking this qestion becuese, I saw in the blade gap table to lord L6 has a much more blade gap..
source: Double-Edged Safety Razors Ranked by Blade Gap
Many Thanks
idan.

Definitely found the L6 to be very smooth and comfortable - after having had it, I moved on to a Merkur 20C (Black handle Version of the 23c). Still love the L6 though, just bear in mind the finish on it won’t be on par with a Merkur necessarily and it does depend on whether you are ok with a rather light razor.

I have both. The L6 is VERY agressive but I've gotten used to it. Yes, there is significant blade gap. At first I didn't like it (got WEEPERS). Now though, I've improved my technique and actually get a closer shave than any other razor.
Having said that, I love the 34c and use it more often. It's more mild and smooth.

I have both and apart from the overall shape of the head the quality levels are like night and day.

The Merkur feels sold and is finished with no imperfections, as well as holding any blade with no issues.

The Lord is usable, but more more rough. It also has a fair bit of play in the head and i need to be careful to keep the blade aligned properly while tightening. However its less than £5 delivered here, but i don't use it often at all. I would say its slightly more aggressive than the Merkur.

I love the Merkur 34c but blade alignment is worse than the cheaper l6 from Lord. At least my razor. I love the 34c and don't mind tweaking the blade though. Both good razors.

hello everyone: how Lord L6 razor compare to the Merkur 34C razor? in terms of aggression and smoothness , and who shaves closer between the two ?

Many Thanks ...
Idan

proxy.php
I have a 38C and a Lord L6. I find the shave quite comparable with the audible feedback louder on L6. The L6 of course is very, very cheap and is a 3 pc, so you could actual use different bases. The L6 handle is hollow aluminum and ways virtually nothing so no weight to give you pressure. Love them both for different reason.

Top Bottom