What's new

Merkur 34C vs Lord L6

Merkur 34C vs Lord L6

• Merkur 34C

• Lord L6

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Merkur 34c build quality is much superior to the Lord L6. However there is something about the Lord L6 that just absolutely matches my beard/face and shaving style. I much prefer it to the 34c. I use my L6 with a Merkur 33c handle and get extremely comfortable shaves. Maybe not quite as close as the 34c, but the comfort more than makes up for it. I find I generally prefer SE razors, and I am slowly selling off my DE razors. The Lord L6 will remain in my collection. It may end up being my only DE razor.

Speaking of the Merkur 33c, I believe the OP's photo shows the Lord L6 and a Merkur 33c, not a 34c. The 33c is a three piece razor with a skinny handle. The 34c is a two piece razor with a more robust handle.

eric.

Excuse me for bumping this thread but I have a question for you who knows Lord razors.
I have a Lord Smart / S625-1 with metal handle and Merkur style head and it seems to be identical to L6.
What I have understood, Lord also has a Tech style head in L122 or the old L5 (and others?).
My question is, is it the same head in all Lord razors with Mercury style head?
Or have they changed / evolved over the years?
Would be fun to know if it is other than the handles and the names that distinguish them.

Not sure but I've been using the L6 for about three months straight now! It's a nice smooth shave but took some getting used to because it's a closer shave than the Tech or even the Merkur 34c, etc..

Top Bottom