What's new

Merkur 34c replacement?

After 12 or so years of faithful service, my 34c is starting to show signs of wear on the corners of its top cap and I'm looking for a replacement. I'd like something slightly more efficient if possible but not too aggressive - my only other razor is a Fatip OC which works great on my face but feels rough as old boots on my sensitive neck. Also I'm on a budget, so high end stainless steel razors need not apply.

Thanks, all

After 12 or so years of faithful service, my 34c is starting to show signs of wear on the corners of its top cap and I'm looking for a replacement. I'd like something slightly more efficient if possible but not too aggressive - my only other razor is a Fatip OC which works great on my face but feels rough as old boots on my sensitive neck. Also I'm on a budget, so high end stainless steel razors need not apply.

Thanks, all
I used a 34C for many years. Very good razor. I recently bought a Rockwell 6C and I really love it. For the price, you're actual getting 6 razors. Plate R3 is slightly more aggressive than the 34C. Very smooth and very efficient razor. Even the higher plates are smooth and comfortable. Its so well built. Very solid. The handle is not too long. Very nice weight. It has become my favorite razor in my shave den.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

You can get a stainless razor for a reasonable price with the RazoRock Game Changer .68-P at about $55. Free shipping if you spend $65 at the online store, so you might throw in a soap or some blades, etc. to get free shipping.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’d keep an eye on the BST — the RR Lupo is getting so much love that many are selling their Game Changers for $45-$50. A stellar bargain, and the perfect choice to replace your trusty 34C.

Agree both the Rockwell 6C and the .68 Gamechanger will be what you want. The 6C will give you options while the GC .68 will last a lifetime. Good luck.

I’d suggest looking at various Razorock razors. I have the Mamba 70 and love it (I also have a sensitive neck). I think it was around $60 for a stainless steel. The Game changer also gets lots of praise

Timeless Aluminum ALSB45. It’s a little more expensive than a 34C but, for $75 you get a beautifully machined razor and stand created by fine craftsmen.
For my face and neck it is more efficient than the 34C and you can fine tune it with different blades. I’m a huge fan of it with a Perma-Sharp Super.

Thanks, all
I think you would like an Edwin Jagger DE89.
It's more efficient but not aggressive.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

The Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 is an excellent option, Sir.

This. The 3one6 will provide closer shaves while still being comfortable. Great step up from 34c. Love mine.

You might also consider Yates M-Plate and the Mhule Rocca. Great razors. Used my Yates this morning and my face is super smooth at the moment.

The Rockwell 6C would be a great upgrade and a perfect budget replacement. I have a barely used one in pristine condition if you'd like to get one. I got the 6S, so this is waiting to be sold. PM me if interested....and good luck finding the best replacement.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure those top caps for the 34c are sold separately. Try Ebay. I bought the same cap as a spare for my Progress. It is for 34c actually, but fits the Progress. It just doesn't have the arrow

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
If you have the resources I would consider a Lupo .72 or (.95 a little more efficiency & aggression). I very happy(Lupo .72) with this mid range Stainless steel razor. They are a good deal when dealing in US or Euro currency.

Top Bottom