What's new

Merkur 34c HD

Merkur 34c fans!

I had one of these razors a few years ago and then went down the rabbit hole with other razors and sold it off.

Ive tried so many razors over the years and decided to purchase a merkur again.

What a great razor the merkur 34c HD is!!
Size, weight, blade gap....everything works well.

Nice BBS shave with zero irritation tonight. Face is as smooth as a baby’s....

Any 34c HD fans here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I've used one as my go to travel razor for years. They aren't as nicely finished as some of the newer razors, but the classic design using a DE blade with perfect weight balance makes the 34c HD the gold standard to measure others against. This along with a rhodium Fatboy and a stirling silver Bulldog are my favorite "vintage" razors, and all are of similar size and balance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I've used one as my go to travel razor for years. They aren't as nicely finished as some of the newer razors, but the classic design using a DE blade with perfect weight balance makes the 34c HD the gold standard to measure others against. This along with a rhodium Fatboy and a stirling silver Bulldog are my favorite "vintage" razors, and all are of similar size and balance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Great little DE [emoji41]

Absolutely loved the shave. Im hooked on this razor again!

I’d like to get one of these. Maybe I’ll like it better than the Techs.....
It seems like a solid popular razor judging from all I’ve read about them.
Do they handle a variety of blades well? What’s the aggressiveness like?

I like mine a lot. I do wish that the finish was better, and more importantly, that the blade tabs were covered. I find it to be a moderate razor - right in the middle for aggression. Effective, generally friendly, and a great place to start (and finish).

The 34c is a great razor. If I had to keep just one razor of the many I have, it would be the 34c. It has perfect balance and shaves close and smooth.

Merkur_La Toja.JPG

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Merkur 34C and 34G are some of my favourite razors. Great value for money razors IMHO.

I’d like to get one of these. Maybe I’ll like it better than the Techs.....
It seems like a solid popular razor judging from all I’ve read about them.
Do they handle a variety of blades well? What’s the aggressiveness like?

I agree with the others that it is a very well designed razor. In terms of aggressiveness, I find it to be in the mild side.

When I wanted to begin DE shaving I watched some of the Nick Shaves videos and he recommended the Merkur 34C.

It was the first DE razor that I used and what a great razor it still is.

Ive tried so many razors but the 34c just ticks all the boxes.

Perfect shave and absolutely no irritation.

Im hooked !! And the price tag compared to the “big” names.....for $40 bucks I’m very happy.

Great little shaver.

I have two shavers; A Merkur Progress which I use daily and a Merkur 34c which I'll use for a week or two from time to time. Always go back to the 34c.

My second DE was the Merkur 34c and it’s still in the rotation today. It’s on the mild side and to me any blade works well in it.

I don’t have the Merkur 33, but have heard the 33 head and base plate has the same profile as the 34c.

Top Bottom