What's new

Merkur 2 year warantee - poor customer services

:mad3:
Hello,

I have had problems with my Merkur Futur – in fact there are also problems with other razors from Merkur.
It is quite apparent to me that with the take over of their company both their warrantee, products and customer service has dropped to all time lows.

1. The lifetime warrantee then became 10 years its now 2 years only
2. The Futur has problems with the adjustable mechanism – after a while it will tilt to the side exposing more blade on one side – the head will also move backwards and forwards – where once it was rock solid.
3. I was told to photograph the problem which I did.
4. No comments made regarding photographs.
5. After pressing regarding warrantee and sending them the link for the 10 year one
6. Just we only give a 2 year warrantee – send the razor to us – we don’t send out replacements without you sending us your razor. If we don’t agree you don’t get a replacement.
7. The chrome on other razors by Merkur is poor – new one recently has chrome missing where the blade goes!!

Merkur are not what they where and are not standing by their products.

I already answered you that we only give 2 years of warrenty.
Please send your razor to us free of charge for inspection.
I will personally look at it and you won't get any replacenment if it is not well temted.

We don't send replacements without inspection.:mad3:
U. Wiethoff [[email protected]]

--

Best regards

Dipl. Ing. Ulrich Wiethoff
- Prokurist –

DOVO Stahlwaren GmbH & Co. KG
Böcklinstr. 10
D – 42719 Solingen

Tel.: 02 12 / 23 00 1 – 14
Fax: 02 12 / 31 36 12
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet. www.dovo.com

I am very disapointed by this company

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:mad3:

I have had problems with my Merkur Futur – in fact there are also problems with other razors from Merkur.
we don’t send out replacements without you sending us your razor. If we don’t agree you don’t get a replacement.
I already answered you that we only give 2 years of warrenty.
Please send your razor to us free of charge for inspection.
I will personally look at it and you won't get any replacenment if it is not well temted [sic]

We don't send replacements without inspection

I am very disapointed by this company

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/I]

Sorry you're having a problem but I hear a wee bit of axe grinding.
Does the paperwork that came with your razor state the length of the warranty?. They are offering a no cost inspection of the razor, yes?.
So send it in for the factory to check it out. It's rare that any manufacturer nowadays will cross ship an RMA .

I have to say, the machining and finishing on Merkur razors is quite poor. Lately I discovered chrome chipping off my 34c on several spots. Maybe a lifetime warranty just was too expensive for them.

I too have contacted Merkur about a couple of small issues. In one case, I didn't even have proof of purchase, so no date of sale/warranty could be established. I sent photos as requested, and in the first case, they sent a replacement part, in the second, asked for the razor back for further inspection, and it was duly fixed.

In both cases I found their service exemplary, if slow in response. They are a small company where one person fulfils a number or roles.

Besides, they have not said they won't stand by their product. It is completely reasonable for them to see the product, before making a decision of what to do from there, if they can't assess it from photos.

If you contacted them with the expectation of an instant replacement, which it appears you did, and pestered them with YOUR expectations of what they should do, with no questions asked, then I'm not surprised you'd find their service sub par.

Top Bottom