What's new

Menthol Aftershaves?

Which aftershaves do you recommend that contain menthol? High quality ones that also contain essential oils, witch hazel, etc. Thanks.

There is a pretty big difference between Speick and fine accoutrements in terms of menthol level. I can barely detect the menthol in Speick, but it is extremely healing. Fine has a much higher alcohol & menthol content which I love, but lacks the skin conditioning ingredients that help after a rough shave.

I personally think you should have a bottle of each, as they are great in different ways.

Last edited:
i don't know about essential oils and witch hazel but, if you want menthol, Osage Rub won't let you down... guaranteed
You can mix it with Skin Bracer though, for a milder bite..

You can always add menthol concentrate to an aftershave that you already like.

When I shave, I usually add 10 very small drops to a shotglass and then add some Witch Hazel, mix and apply to my face.

DRH Arlington splash: though its menthol won't freeze you, it will let you know it's there. This AS also contains emollients and antiseptics.

Everyone has mentioned great aftershaves. I haven't tried Osage rub, but I've heard great things about it. Kramperts frostbite is good. I love that stuff. It'll freeze your face and when it dies down, feels amazing and moisturizing. I love all of Stirling soap companies aftershaves I've tried so far and you can add menthol to any of them you want. You could buy a menthol aftershave from them, then add more menthol if you wanted. Or like someone also stated, just buy menthol crystals and turn your already favorite aftershaves into a freezing experience.

DRH Arlington splash: though its menthol won't freeze you, it will let you know it's there. This AS also contains emollients and antiseptics.

I normally don't pitch D R Harris due to the slightly higher price, but they are excellent. I have Arlington & Windsor - both fantastic!

Last edited:
I love Menthol AF I own alot and even make my own. but i bought one at wallmart last month that surprised me at the coldness level it was Aqua velva SPORT its blue and cost $4, a very pleasant surprise.

(1) Fine Snake Bite is a good intense 'freeze' and has a clean ingredients list
(2) Osage Rub is cheap and gets the job done. The scent is a bit 'ordinary' though
(3) Reef Point do a really nice AS with a good menthol 'kick'
(4) Alt Innsbruck is incredible. A really nice menthol that gradually comes in and hangs around a while. It smells totally classy with it's tobacco flower scent (totally different to, say, green tobacco leave). downside might be cost though. It's not cheap. I use this as a treat. It leaves the skin feeling quite tones as well.

I'd also mention Wm Neumann Absolute Zero and PAA Al Fin, which is modeled after Alt Innsbruck (also a fine choice).

I'd also mention Wm Neumann Absolute Zero and PAA Al Fin, which is modeled after Alt Innsbruck (also a fine choice).
+1 WM. Neumann & Co. Absolute Zero. Barrister & Mann's Arctique will be available June/July. Menthol content is extremely high.

Top Bottom