What's new

Men's Wearhouse?

Their TV commercial states: "you're gonna like the way you look. I guarantee it."

That being said, I'd go to Saks OFF 5th Ave or Nordstrom Rack for a 1/2 price Burberry suit. :thumbup1:

I prefer Nordstrom Last Chance for the Hugo Boss $100 special. Seen CK, Nordstrom Brand, Florsheim also.

I have a suit from them that has held up just fine for my limited use. With that said, I won't be shopping there anymore as their shirts don't fit me at all and their tailors are very (very very very) conservative in what they will do. They won't take in a waist more than an inch or two and wouldn't do any darting to account for front to back fit disparity.

If you want a decent, well-fitting suit for not a lot of money check out Indochino (www.indochino.com) and see what they have to offer. Their suits are comparable in price to what you'd see at Men's Wearhouse with cloth similar to the suits at JAB, the difference is that they are made-to-measure for your body. If the suit doesn't fit they'll pay for you to have the suit tailored or rebuilt once. That's a pretty good deal in my book.

Weekly use of a MW suit will destroy it quickly. Even occasional use would destroy it fairly quickly, imo. You would be better off looking for something in a Goodwill. Seriously.

I'm not a fan of the Men's Warehouse. If you know suits really well, they have some okay stuff- but they're a "sales" organization primarily and will push you where they want you to go if you're not careful. Stuff is "on sale" for a reason.

I'd throw in for Brooks Brothers. Classic stuff. Wide price range. Not trendy stuff-- but nothing you'll regret having bought in two-three years. Also look for sales at Macy's, Nordstroms, etc.

And to complicate your life a little further, whatever suit you buy, consider finding a local tailor to work it over and make the fit fabulous. A perfectly fit inexpensive suit won't look so inexpensive.
I usually find the quickie alterations many stores offer free with the purchase to be lacking.

Last edited:
And to complicate your life a little further, whatever suit you buy, consider finding a local tailor to work it over and make the fit fabulous. A perfectly fit inexpensive suit won't look so inexpensive.
I usually find the quickie alterations many stores offer free with the purchase to be lacking.

:thumbup1:

Top Bottom