What's new

Men's Sun Glasses

banana republic has the charles aviators which look nice. unfortunately, I have a hard time dropping $100 on a pair of sunglasses

Have a pair of RayBans that I purchased about 2 years ago and although they are a bit scratched up now, they still get the job done better hten any other pair of sunglasses I have worn. They were 125 bucks new, but after having them for this long I feel like the money well well spent.

Would highly recommend RayBans for any use. Use mine for driving, boating, beach, anything.

Over the years, Photo-Grey lenses keep improving. I always buy my glasses with these lenses, so I don't need separate sunglasses.

http://www.aoeyewear.com/Flight_Gear/original_pilot_frames.htm

I will probably never buy any other pair of sunglasses unless it's from AO. Polarized and polycarbonate lenses, metal frame and very classic look. I have received many compliments for my sunglasses and the personnel at the company are very knowledgeable and kind. IMHO, these tend to run a bit cheaper than Revo, Ray Ban, etc.

:cool:

+1000. Love my pair of original pilots. Also like the fact that this same model of sunglasses was taken to the moon during Apollo.

I wear Oakleys. Currently Monster Dogs, but previously other models. I fish a lot and their polarized lenzes are great. On two occassions they have saved my eyes from lures coming flying out of the water after missing a hit. They are also safety glasses so you can shoot with em too.

Be sure to try on what ever you are gonna get. Even if you order on line it is worth a trip to the mall to check em out in person. Sometimes the coolest looking sunglasses just look like crap once you put em on.

Serengeti Drivers for me. Serengeti are one of the few brands where the frames aren't made in China and they use Optical quality lenses.

Yeap, Serengetti is an excellent brand since it belongs to Bushnell Co. which produce military optics etc, cool glasses and very good lences, Drivers are great

Wayfarers or Clubmasters for me...

Clubmasters for me too. Just the right blend of cool, classic and retro.

proxy.php

Titanium frames... all about titanium frames.. I love the way you can custom mold them (i.e., bend them) to fit your face.

I have been researching sunglasses for 3 months. I came to the conclusion that once you get into the Oakleys, Revos, Maui Jims, Kaenon, Rudy project, Costa Del Mar, quality range they are all pretty close.

I know for a fact that my Maui Jims are clearer than my Oakleys but I can't really tell that much of a difference. So I say whatever you can get that looks good, feels good, and is in your budget you should get.

Here is my opinion on different brands

Oakley: There style usually isn't conservative. Its either you like them or don't. The best selection of different lenses on the market. Reasonably priced for most of their glasses.
Clarity = 8

Maui Jim: Conservative styling. Probably the best lens. Only a handful of lens option. A little pricey.
Clarity = 10

Costa Del Mar: Popular amongst Fraternity guys. I am not a huge fan of their styles. A bit pricey if you want some of their glass lenses with mirror coatings.
Clarity = 7 for CR39, 8 for 400 glass, 9 for 580 glass

kaenon: New company. Good quality and stylish but some frames are on large side. SR-91 lens is light, impact resistant, and clear. A bit expensive for a company you never heard of.
Clarity = 9

Revo: A bit pricey. There quality might have declined since I believe they have been bought buy luxxotica. Still great lens.
Clarity = 9

Spy= New company. Stylish. great price.
Clarity = 7

Electric = New company. Stylish. Great Price
Clarity = 7

Also has anyone check this link out from Oakly on how oakley compares to other brands? Does anyone else see it as really biases?
http://www.oakley.com/innovation/optical_superiority/hdo/proven

After a long wait because of an ordering screw-up, I finally got my Rudy Project "Mastermind" prescription sunglasses. Prior to this I wore special clip-ons that fit my eyeglass frames but after two pair wearing out at the attachment points and losing another pair, I got tired of dropping $100 a shot on clip-ons.

I wanted a pair of prescription sunglasses that would hug my head for running and cycling. I also wanted more coverage, both to increase protection from the sun and to allow for more peripheral vision.

Like I said, there was an ordering screw-up and it took way too long. Getting the shatterproof polycarbonate lenses and the transitional coloring added up to $500 and as I waited and waited I was starting to regret the outlay.

But I have to say that these glasses are AMAZING. There is a huge amount of lens surface area and the feeling for my vision is that there isn't any frame showing. I just have a huge viewing area that is distortion-free despite the curve and super-sharp. The glasses stay totally fixed on my head and don't slip even when, like yesterday, I ran a 3-mile hill trail in 90 degree heat.

So, for me they are worth $500. Of course, if you don't need a prescription it's not going to cost you so much.

Top Bottom