What's new

Men's Own Shaving and Cleansing Foam

1. I came across this product at TJ Maxx last week for the princely sum of $4. The tube is rather nice, white with red and blue barber pole stripes top and bottom.150ml/5.07 ozwith a flat flip top so you can stand it up.The cream is white and rather hard to force from the tube,rather stiff.It comes out in a thin line.

Directions are wet face and hands,apply product to hand and rub to create lather.For shaving-Apply to beard area and shave as normal.For cleansing- massage over face and neck .Rinse.

Rather unique directions.My first use I followed these directions and got a nice shave with no irritation.My next use was with a brush and mug.A thin line about an inch long gave me a mug of fairly thick foam,enough for 2 passes and still had half a mug of foam.My third use -I looked at the residue of foam in the mug and thought why not?I dripped some hot water in the mug and hit it with the brush and got another mug of lather and did 2 passes.Impressive.Not much scent.

I searched the web and found absolutely no info on the is stuff.According to the tube it is made in Korea and distributed by Swissco in the USA and UK.The ingredients include 5 herbal extracts,myristic acid,stearic acid,lauric acid,glycerin,potassium hydroxide etc.

The razors used were a DE and a shavette with 4 use blades IIRC.My advice is grab some when you see it.It may have limited availability.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. I came across this product at TJ Maxx last week for the princely sum of $4. The tube is rather nice, white with red and blue barber pole stripes top and bottom.150ml/5.07 ozwith a flat flip top so you can stand it up.The cream is white and rather hard to force from the tube,rather stiff.It comes out in a thin line.

Directions are wet face and hands,apply product to hand and rub to create lather.For shaving-Apply to beard area and shave as normal.For cleansing- massage over face and neck .Rinse.

Rather unique directions.My first use I followed these directions and got a nice shave with no irritation.My next use was with a brush and mug.A thin line about an inch long gave me a mug of fairly thick foam,enough for 2 passes and still had half a mug of foam.My third use -I looked at the residue of foam in the mug and thought why not?I dripped some hot water in the mug and hit it with the brush and got another mug of lather and did 2 passes.Impressive.Not much scent.

I searched the web and found absolutely no info on the is stuff.According to the tube it is made in Korea and distributed by Swissco in the USA and UK.The ingredients include 5 herbal extracts,myristic acid,stearic acid,lauric acid,glycerin,potassium hydroxide etc.

The razors used were a DE and a shavette with 4 use blades IIRC.My advice is grab some when you see it.It may have limited availability.
I found this:Forest for men moisture shaving & cleansing foam with phytoncide complex which is different, but might be same under the packaging. Ingredients:
WATER, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, MYRISTIC ACID, LAURIC ACID, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PEG-32, SORBITOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-7, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PEG-14M, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM BENZOATE, LACTIC ACID, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHAMAECYPARIS OBTUSA WATER, CINNAMOMUM CAMPHORA (CAMPHOR) LEAF EXTRACT, CRYPTOMERIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, PINUS PINASTER BARK/BUD EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN​

not the same ,herbal extracts are not the same.it is amazing that there is no net presence of this stuff,it really is good.if there are any left on payday in a week and a half i'll grab one or two more.

I mixed it with the horrible performing but wonderful smelling Pecksniff's cream.It resulted in a pretty good performing and smelling cream.

i picked up the last tube of this stuff at Maxx yesterday.They have one tube of Pecksniff's cream left.I may go back and grab it for use as part of super lather mixes.

I saw this in T.J. Maxx yesterday and did a quick Google search which led to this thread. B&B really is the ultimate resource for shaving questions.

I agree with the previous posts that this is an excellent value at $4. Lathers easily and produces a thick, slick leather using brush and bowl. The smell is a mild floral smell which reminds me of my grandmother's face powder... maybe a mild rose scent? It's nothing strong or obnoxious. Overall, excellent performance and value.

Next experiment... uber-lather with Tabac!

Found this at Marshall's and gave it a try. Lathers really well with bowl and brush, and as previous posts said, it goes a long way. Nice tube with a barbershop pole look. My only complaint is a small one, it smells like grape Skittles/candy.

Top Bottom