What's new

Mennen Afta Original aftershave

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
So I have both the original (green lettered container) and Fresh (blue lettered container).

The green has a nice spicy smell, but it tends to have a sour scent to me after application that lingers, so I like the blue better. The blue reminds me a bit of Aqua Velva, but much milder. I would pair well with AV if you needed a bit more conditioning.

Both of them are great products as far as balms go. Low cost and effective.

I have used a bottle of Mennon Afta original. Excellent value and I appreciated the classic scent.
Mennon skinbracer original green splash is also an excellent value and has a classic scent.

I'm not seeing it in the stores that normally carried it. Last month, I had to go to a small, independent pharmacy to pick up a bottle of the original, because Wal Mart no longer stocks it. A shaving staple...I hope it is not being discontinued.

Bumping an old thread. While Walmart here in Chicagoland only caries the Fresh aftershave and Original pre-shave, I am still able to order the Origina aftershavel through Walgreens at $3.39 with free ship-to-store. Not as cheap per bottle as the multi-packs on eBay or Amazon but a great option if you only want a single bottle. Have been using the Fresh for a couple years as it's readily available.

Definitely leans towards that spicy Shulton-era Old Spice scent profile to my nose which is phenomenal. Would really pair nicely with an autumn soap. Looking forward to using it more once the weather turns cooler this autumn.

I tried a bottle of Fresh several years ago when that was all I could find and didn't particularly care for it.

I LOVE the Original. It was really hard to find for a while (pre amazon days) and I just used other stuff. Fortunately it's made a bit of a comeback and I picked some up at my local supermarket a few months ago.

I still like to use it during the warmer months too. It has citrus top notes which I think matches spring/summer well.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I go months and months without using it but I used it twice in the past week. Smells like a cheap aftershave in a good way.

Top Bottom