What's new

Mennen Afta Original aftershave

I finally got around to picking up my bottle today. I do really like the scent. I think it will follow my conk bay rum nicely. It also had a nice skin feel on the little dab I tested. Now it goes into the queue for the full evaluation.

Bought some of the Afta Fresh scent tonight, liked the smell in the store and it was cheap enough...

Last edited:
The stuff's been around along time I used it in high school. I stopped using when I realized there were many other products out there without the questionable additives. Does smell great though.

I should have mentioned that the previous store where I got the afta fresh scent aftershave also had original afta pre-electric shave lotion. This didn't seem to have much scent so I passed on that. The original afta aftershave has a much nicer and stronger scent.

I was in a local Walmart and saw the white lotion on the shelf @ $2.12. Mine is almost gone and I should have bought some but just didn't. At least around here that is a very rare bird so I thought it had been discontinued.

I'm really impressed with the ability of Afta Original to blend with a variety of splashes. It has it's own distinct fragrance, but so far it's been highly compatible with Clubman, Skin Bracer, and Florida Water. I have pretty high hopes for compatibility with Old Spice and AV Ice Blue too. This is a real winner if you want to follow an alcohol splash with a balm.

OK after reading this thread I gotta try this stuff. It's been around for many years but I've just never tried it. I love the old classic aftershaves, so this one is going on my list to buy next time I'm at Walmart.

OK after reading this thread I gotta try this stuff. It's been around for many years but I've just never tried it. I love the old classic aftershaves, so this one is going on my list to buy next time I'm at Walmart.

I'll be interested to hear if your Wally World has it. The ones around here stock afta original pre-electric and fresh scent aftershave but not the afta original aftershave. I did manage to find it at another local grocery chain though.

I'll be interested to hear if your Wally World has it. The ones around here stock afta original pre-electric and fresh scent aftershave but not the afta original aftershave. I did manage to find it at another local grocery chain though.

Really? I've never seen the Pre-electric in the store. Always just Original and Fresh aftershave at Walmart.

I think Afta is one of the best values in shavedom. I always keep a bottle around and reach for it whenever I feel the need for a light moisturizing post-shave treatment. Nice properties, pleasant and clean manly scent, and for about two bucks!

Really? I've never seen the Pre-electric in the store. Always just Original and Fresh aftershave at Walmart.
Walmart here has Original and Fresh here, but only the Fresh is aftershave. Looks nearly the same but isn't, so make sure before you buy! :wink:

Thread bump.
This is probably my favorite balm. To me the scent is best described as "spicy pine".
Haven't tried this lately but now want to again soon. I don't recall pine, but again it's been a while. What I recall is vanilla and citrus. Guess I'll have to try again and see!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this aftershave! It's still one of my favorites, and is likely my preferred balm, even over Nivea Sensitive. Reading this thread again is making me want to use my Old Spice Original shave cream from India again with this to conclude the shave.

I love the options in every category for us in classic wet shaving!

Top Bottom