What's new

Men R Pigs

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I do clutter, but never filth. 16 piles of stuff on my desk, but a spot on the floor would bother me.

AA

How easy would it be to wash a plate and a fork. I think it should be easy but doesn't seem to be.

I scrape and rinse them off, but then stack them up on the stove (the stove is currently non-working.) About twice a week I end up doing the dishes. Really wish I had room for a dishwasher, I hate messing with even a plate and a fork.

All else, I visit there for a couple hours in the evening. I spend far more time at work than I do at home.

I go to bed and wake up in the exact position I fell asleep in. I barely move during the night. It's just me so the covers fold back and I get up, then fold them back up and the bed is pretty much made. When I was married, you would think we were at war in the bed if you looked at it in the morning.

My place is small and the kitchen counter ends up being a catch-all, especially when I have a project going on. I have all wood paneling and I'm in the process of trying to get it painted before a furniture delivery. Takes me forever painting raw wood paneling. Thus I have cans of paint, trays, rollers, and newspaper cluttering up the kitchen counter. Mail ends up getting dumped on the counter. Stuff from pockets after work get dumped into a plastic tray on the microwave.

I go through now and then and declutter, just to get cluttered up again by tomorrow.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This topic has been discussed more than once at the hunting cabin. We all came to the conclusion over a few seasons that if women folk weren't around we would build a stainless steel house with a huge 1000 horsepower garbage disposal built into the floor. A very powerful pressure washer would wash everything into the disposal as needed. No white picket fence or grass to mow or trim either.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I just fixed some bacon and an egg in the cast iron skillet to put in the fridge for a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich to nuke in the morning. I rinsed and washed the dishes, and put them in the dishwasher to do when it gets full.

Poured most of the grease out of the cast iron skillet into the grease can, but left a coating of grease in it to sit overnight.

Also didn't make the bed properly this morning...just pulled the covers up to the pillows and called it good.

But, but, but...I had to go to the store today to pick up supplies, fix the alarm system on the house, do some stuff to the central heat and air...and, and, and.

I know...that's no excuse. But I don't care.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This topic has been discussed more than once at the hunting cabin. We all came to the conclusion over a few seasons that if women folk weren't around we would build a stainless steel house with a huge 1000 horsepower garbage disposal built into the floor. A very powerful pressure washer would wash everything into the disposal as needed. No white picket fence or grass to mow or trim either.

That's the way we used to clean the jail cells when someone got to messing them up. High pressure water hose and wash everything down the floor drain.

Worked well.

I saw someone pressure washing the inside of their concrete dwelling that way before (Not in first world country). I was a bit jealous, as a pressure washer would ruin the drywall and floors of my home.

I go to bed and wake up in the exact position I fell asleep in. I barely move during the night. It's just me so the covers fold back and I get up, then fold them back up and the bed is pretty much made. When I was married, you would think we were at war in the bed if you looked at it in the morning.
I sleep like a corpse, and if I'm alone can merely pull up the sheets. My wife, on the other hand, sleeps like a whirling dervish and pulls everything akimbo.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Years ago my wife asked why I didn’t make the bed when I woke up to get ready for work. (She was already at work when I awakened.)
My response was simply why should I? We are gonna sleep in it tonight.
Her response?
You’re gonna go to the bathroom tomorrow so why clean your backside today after you go? (She was not that proper but you get the meaning.)
I’ve made the bed all these days since and cleaned the stove, washed the dishes, and picked up the messes around the house when I saw them.

A man has got to know his limitations.
marty

I live in my house, it’s not a museum. Making my bed every morning? Not a chance. Never have. No guests are in my room, no one sees it but me. Throw the covers off and go. The dishes are loaded in the dishwasher as they are dirty and ran when it’s full. I have one MAYBE two loads of laundry a week, which get’s done on the same day.

I have laminate floor throughout the whole house so it’s pretty simply to sweep and Swiffer. But still I only do it....once a month maybe. General dusting is as I see fit. If it needs it do it, if not meh.
I wonder if perhaps we were separated at birth?

Top Bottom