What's new

Memory Foam Pillows?

I bought a Tempur mattress and pillows last summer here (in the UK) and while they took a bit of getting used to I think they're great now.

The mattress was brilliant from day one, but the pillows took a few weeks for me to get used to them. They are contoured so you can't turn them over as they're flat on one side, so they can get a bit warm - but I got used to that quickly. I like them very much now, I'm not sure if they're worth the money over good quality feather pillows so I don't know if I'd choose them next time unless I had a specific ailment, but I certainly wouldn't get rid of them now. :smile:

The mattress is just great, best I've ever slept on. :biggrin:

I bought a Tempur mattress and pillows last summer here (in the UK) and while they took a bit of getting used to I think they're great now.

The mattress was brilliant from day one, but the pillows took a few weeks for me to get used to them. They are contoured so you can't turn them over as they're flat on one side, so they can get a bit warm - but I got used to that quickly. I like them very much now, I'm not sure if they're worth the money over good quality feather pillows so I don't know if I'd choose them next time unless I had a specific ailment, but I certainly wouldn't get rid of them now. :smile:

The mattress is just great, best I've ever slept on. :biggrin:

+1

I bought one of the memory foam mattress toppers about three years ago and I still love it. My memory pillow is a bit on the firm side but it loosens up when exposed to body heat from my neck and head and provides me both comfort and support.

My girlfriend and I have the generic brand memory foam mattress topper (4") and and memory foam pillows and they are wonderful. She was having back problems so we decided to try the topper before springing for the full-on matress. Her back doesn't hurt her anymore so I guess it's working. I think it's a wonderful sleep as well. They can be HOT as hell to sleep on though. We leave the heat at 62° or less because we also have some down pillows and a big down comforter. It's just overkill when used together. A light cotton blanket works fine.

She sleeps with the pillow backwards and I use it normally (big hump under neck). BUT... the generic version pillows are a little softer than the expensive one's.

Avatar now changed - my apologies to DocMottern....and back to the subject.

TempurPedic pillows probably aren't the best. They are hard if they are cold. Body temperatures are supposed to soften them up. With a mattress, the concept works great. But with pillows, just so, so...

If you're a back sleeper, a memory foam pillow will work ok, but a stomach sleeper won't like them at all. If you flop around a lot, you won't like it either. My choice is a nice down pillow.

OUCH: Is this really a year old thread? or just a year old subject...?

Top Bottom