What's new

Memorial Day cooking?

Whatcha got on the menu this weekend?

I've got to work Monday so I'll be smoking a pork butt over night on Saturday for Sunday's lunch

I'm at a loss to be honest. I'll be at the baseball field all day saturday so that will be a hot dog or burger but Sunday? I had a hot Italian sausage hankering with peppers that I crushed last night so now I have nothing.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For once- nothing. I am taking advantage of the long weekend and checking into a hotel with the wife for a few days. So, I foresee room service in my near future. I love the grandkids, but sometimes you just have to get away.

For once- nothing. I am taking advantage of the long weekend and checking into a hotel with the wife for a few days. So, I foresee room service in my near future. I love the grandkids, but sometimes you just have to get away.

Who knew Owen was such a romantic?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Usually the others love Beans. I'll serve up some of these.

Beans a.jpg

For the two of us, saturday was burgers and fresh sweet corn, cooked nh style.
Today, bacon and french toast this morning, blt s prob tonight with the leftovers.
Tomorrow, thinking rib eye and hot wings w salad.
Also finish the chicken jerky today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For the two of us, saturday was burgers and fresh sweet corn, cooked nh style.
Today, bacon and french toast this morning, blt s prob tonight with the leftovers.
Tomorrow, thinking rib eye and hot wings w salad.
Also finish the chicken jerky today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What is NH style?

Boil the water throw the corn in for 3-4 minutes and done. Corn stays crispy , sweet. I cant stand southern soaked corn in water. Sorry

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji535][emoji535]
I remember when my grandfather was a preacher at the Methodist church in New Springfield, OH. One of the parishioners was a corn farmer. We could stop by, picked some corn, and take it right home and cook it. It remains the best corn I've ever had.

Fresh picked ,small kernals, quick blanch. All ya need before the sugar turns to carbs or it will be blah

Top Bottom