Method: Wtg, xtg & atg
Pre-Shave: Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Brush: simpsons Trafalgar T1
Lather: Prorasso Green
Razor: Gillette Old Type 1921-1928
Blade: wilkinson Sword Classic (2)
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Results: 2 cuts, bbs no irritation.

I love the 1920s Old Type, its a smooth yet close shaver.

Method: Wtg, xtg
Pre-Shave: Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Brush: simpsons Classic C1 Synthetic
Lather: Mühle Sandalwood shaving stick
Razor: 1921-1928 Gillette type
:
Blade:
Wilkinson sword classic (3)
Post-shave: cold water Styptic Pencil and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Results: 2 cuts, dfs, no irritation

No shave today as I have decided to give my face some recovery time. I have also taken the opportunity to give 5/7 of my collection a good clean using an old toothbrush and some cheap supermarket own brand antibacterial dish soap.
20210822_135450.jpg

Method: Wtg, xtg & atg, skin stretching
Pre-Shave: hot water & Proraso Green
Lather: Proraso Green
Brush: B&B Beagle, black & tan bulb
Razor: Böker Olivewood shavette
Blade: Miraki (3)
Post-shave: Hot and cold water, alum block and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Results: some nicks & weepers, no irritation, dfs mustache area, bbs everywhere else & moderate to high alum block feedback.

My confidence with a shavette continues to grow, the wtg pass was nice and relaxing and in the wtg im a little bit more comfortable in the goatee area. I was going to stop there but I felt comfortable enough to try an atg pass which went well, however I decided against attempting a fools pass and used a 2nd wtg pass.
My left hand feels more comfortable than my right hand, which is weird as im right handed.

I have a new razor in my collection...the Frankenrazor.
20210825_190737.jpg

The handle is a replica Gillette ball end handle fron razoremporium.com that I originally brought as a backup handle for my old type. However while my old types handle is cracked, it is also still pretty solid.

The head looks a bit like a Muhle R89 does it? It even fits perfectly into my R89s razorguard
20210825_191501.jpg

Now look at it next to an R89
20210825_191400.jpg

The Frankenrazor is on the left, my Muhle R89 is on the right. Check out the blade gap & blade exposure on the Frankenrazor compared to the R89. THE Frankenrazor's head is the Executive Shaving Company's
Braveheart, according to the Executive Shaving Company's own aggression scale, with 10 being a cut throat razor, an R89 is a 4 while the Braveheart is a 6.5.

I originally wanted either a spare Tech or Old Type head to put on the handle but the only ones that I could find on Ebay were going for "order a replated, made to order old type from razoremporium.com" levels of money. I then looked at the Razorock Old Type head, but I couldn't find any suppliers based in the UK that sold it, and I'm not ordering directly from Razorock due to the logistics of shipping one razor head across the Atlantic. That left the ESC Braveheart a razor that I have been curious about for a while.

Method: Wtg, xtg & atg
Pre-Shave: hot water, Proraso Green & hot washcloth
Lather: Simpsons Lime
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic
Razor: 1950s Gillette Flare tip Rocket
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic (1)
Results: one Lil weeper.

Method: Wtg, xtg & xtg (opposite direction)
Pre-Shave: hot water splash
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic (2)
Results: one Lil weeper. Dfs

I have decided to take a break from atg shaving and try a second with the grain pass in the opposite direction.

Method: Wtg, xtg & xtg (opposite direction)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T1
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic (3)
Results: Dfs, cheeks almost bbs

I have added skin stretching to my double wtg shave and my cheeks are almost bbs. :thumbup:

Method: Wtg, xtg
Brush: Beagle Black and tan bulb
Razor: The Frankenrazor
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic (1)
Post-shave: cold water, alum block and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Results: Dfs, cheeks almost bbs, one lil cut

The Frankenrazor has given me a good shave. It is a little top heavy owing to the combination of heavy head and small handle, but the blade gap & exposure means that I could really feel the blade. It was a close and smooth shave that after the second pass left me with no desire to chase bbs instead it has left me satisfied with dfs.

In a future shave I may try it with my R89 handle to see what difference it makes, but overall I'm happy with this Razor.

Pre-Shave Hot water splash

Lather Simpsons Lime

Brush Simpsons Trafalgar T1

Razor Böker Olivewood Shavette :straight:

Blade Miraki (3)

Post-shave Cold water, alum block and Fuar Ach Snog

Results No blood, no irritation and no Alum feedback DFS :thumbup:

I have finally managed to shave with my Böker without any anount of blood. I just used a very shallow angle with very gentle pressure.

This shave is also a milestone in another way. My Simpsons Lime shaving cream, a free gift from Simpsons as an apology for a complaint that I never even made, is no more. It had a beautiful lime scent, provided plenty of lubrication and paired wonderfully with both the Beagle and the Trafalgar T1. Its just a shame that I never thought of pairing it with the Classic C1 Synthetic whose delayed delivery prompted Simpsons to give me the cream in the first place.

Pre-Shave: hot water & Geo f Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Shavemac Beagle Black and tan bulb
Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block and Fuar Ach Snog
Results: bbs, no blood or irritation, no alum feedback. 9.5/10

I had a great shave this morning. The Sandalwood lathered up beautifully with the Beagle, and the R89 & Tiger Platinum combination was nice and smooth.

Pre-Shave: my bath, GFT Ecuris Skin Food, Proraso Green and warm washcloth
Lather: Superlather = TOBS Sandalwood & Proraso Green shaving cream, bowl lathered
Razor: Gillette E2 Fatboy
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic (3)
Post-shave: Cold washcloth, alum block and Fuar Ach Snog

I thought that I would have an experiment and try making a super lather, the results were amazing, the lather was thick, smooth and had the consistency of yogurt. I'm definitely trying it again in the future.

Pre-Shave: hot water splash and Skinfood
Lather: GFT Officer and a Gentleman soap
Razor: Gold Dollar 208
Strop: Razoremporium Beginner/travel strop
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block and Fuar Ach Snog, 50 x strokes on strop
20211216_205550.jpg

Today I've had my first shave with a real straight razor, apparently it's a Gold Dollar 208 that was rescaled and made shave ready by Razoremporium. I was aware that a real SR is not as sharp as the Böker Barberette that I'm used to shaving with, but this Gold Dollar felt like my Böker when it has a blunt blade, Only with even more tugging. After 2 with the grain passes and an against the grain pass my face was somewhere between ccs and dfs. I attempted a fools pass, which is now a standard procedure with the Barberette, but the Gold Dollar was struggling so much that I abandoned it and finished off my mustache area with a xtg pass. Looks like I will have to give honing a try much sooner than I expected.

On the plus side the GFT Officer and a Gentleman Mug Soap was nice and slick once I had achieved the necessary hydration level. It may not have a scent that I could notice but it works beautifully with a scuttle of hot water.
20211217_162652.jpg

Pre-Shave: 50 laps on the strop, hot water
Razor: modified Gold Dollar 208
Strop: Razoremporium Beginner/Travel strop

My second shave with the Gold Dollar went better thanks to the quick session on the stones, which thankfully arrived yesterday (Ohishi 3k/8k & Slate finishing stone w/ slurry stone). My now sharp razor and a steeper angle were able to get my cheeks to near bbs and the rest of my face to dfs, the Gold Dollar is still not good at atg shaving, but I'm happy to just do another wtg pass.

Pre-Shave: hot water, 50 laps on strop
Razor: modified Gold dollar 208

I think that I'm falling in love with my Gold Dollar, even if its still not sharp enough for bbs, It's been ages since I have only used one razor for 4 consecutive shaves. I'm currently achieving a dfs with the cheeks dfs+

I look forward to my next shave.:straight:

🎅Xmas Eve shave🎅

Pre-Shave: hot water
Lather: Muhle Aloe Vera shaving stick
Brush: Simpsons Classic C1 Synthetic
Razor: Gillette 1918 Old Type w/ Razoremporium replica ball end handle
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block, Styptic pencil and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Results: dfs, no irritation and quite a bit of blood.

I was saving my stubble for a Christmas day shave, but, last minute plans to visit my mother mean I will have to make xmas eve my xmas shave. I was expecting my new 1918 old type to be the same as my 1921-1928 old type, but while its just as smooth, its way more aggressive than the 1921-1928. Cap riding is definitely in order for this razors future shaves.

In other news, Razoremporium have been in touch to confirm that my 1921-1928 Old Type is now in their service que for a Factory Nickel Revamp. I'm excited to see the results.

🎅🍻Happy Christmas everyone🎅🍻

New years eve 2021

Pre-Shave
: hot water, GFT Ecuris Skinfood & 50 laps on the strop
Lather: Gft Officer and Gentleman
Razor: Gold Dollar 208
Results: bbs, one weeper, no irritation

20211231_102749.jpg

Last edited: