Pre-Shave: hot water
Brush: Shavemac Beagle
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Stick
Razor: English Ball Handle Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (5)
Post-shave: Cold water & Proraso Red aftershave
Edt: Brut

20240220_093054.jpg

After what seems like forever, I finally have a Tuesday morning to myself. It is thus time for a Tech Tuesday shave. To mark the occasion I decided to make it a special one by throwing a little experiment into the mix. But not just any experiment, I have decided that I shall invent the "English Ball Handle Flat Bottom Tech". All that I needed to do for this creation to come alive, is to simply take the handle from my 1920s English Old Type & attach it to an English Flat Bottom Tech's head.
20240220_093409.jpg

The first thing that strikes me about this creation, is just how darn good this handle & head combination looks. It looks like something that Gillette had actually produced back in the day. Secondly I was expecting this Frankenrazor to be on the top heavy side. However I have found it to be not the case, possibly because I already have a heavy head & light handle Frankenrazor. That if you are wondering is a combination of ESC Braveheart head with a Razoremporium replica Gillette ball end handle. During the shave itself I found that the Flat Bottom Ball Handle Tech to be light and nimble. Obviously not as light as an actual Ball end handle, but light and nimble nevertheless. However one thing that it does have in common with the conventional Ball Handle Tech, is that it serves as a good rebuttal to the theory that a razor needs to be heavy. This has got to be the smoothest wtg and xtg shave that I have had in ages.

Pre-Shave: face wash with hot soapy water
Brush: Shavemac Beagle
Lather: Proraso Red
Razor: Valet Autostrop
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Post-shave: Cold water & Proraso Red aftershave
Edt: Brut

20240228_165542.jpg

After being distracted by my various other razors, I have finally got around to shaving with the Valet Autostrop that I acquired in September. Remembering to keep the head flat to my face while shaving, as I do while using my Ever-ready. I found this razor to be a smooth and efficient shaver, Dfs+ smoothness with minimal Alum feedback. I think that this razor shall spend more time on rotation.

Top Bottom